<img src="//:0" height="90" width="208">
Position Title: Development and Marketing Associate
Classification: Fulltime, Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Development & Marketing
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or requirements of this position. Employees are expected to perform other duties and functions as assigned or requested to further support the organization’s mission.
Under the direction of the Director of Development & Marketing, the Development and Marketing Associate is responsible for supporting the activities related to the organization’s fundraising and marketing plan, including annual appeals, sponsorship solicitation, communications, marketing materials, and events.
Essential Position Responsibilities
· Support the Director’s efforts to obtain financial support in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors
· Research and identify potential new sponsors for events
· Create a portfolio of past, current and potential major donors and assist with stewardship strategies to build long-term relationships with these donors
Marketing / Branding / Communications / Social Media
· Support the Director’s goals to market an appropriate brand/image to increase the visibility of HCHC’s mission in the community and activate greater community support
· Contract with graphic designer and printer to produce all materials necessary for the success of the fundraising and donor community efforts
· Develop and produce content for the organization’s communications, including the creation and distribution of newsletters, the annual report, press releases, email lists, website updates and social media posts
· Maintain/update HCHC’s online presence including website and social media
· Work with the Director to create special events appropriate to the Company’s image and purpose such as the annual sponsorship event and ground breaking/grand opening ceremonies for new housing developments
· Identify and evaluate the products and pricing offered by vendors and independent contractors (ICs). Build relationships with vendors and serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
· Represent organization at events and engagement opportunities in the community
· Assist with event public relations
· Ensure the donor/contact database is accurate and each new gift is entered
· Create segmented donor mailing and email lists, and coordinate donor communications
· Ensure that donor acknowledgement letters are accurate and mailed in a timely fashion
· Update and maintain the media contact list and develop relationships with local media
· Assist with other projects and duties as needed.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with strong attention to detail and time management
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Highly organized, self-motivated, flexible and detail-oriented
· Excellent customer service skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Social Media, and database management (Network for Good and Constant Contact preferred)
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred. In lieu of degree, 5+ years of experience in development and/or communications.
This position requires daily use of office equipment. May need to lift up to 40 pounds.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed in a busy indoor environment in the main office, at properties owned by HCHC and at other offices and housing developments throughout Los Angeles County. The employee must be able to keep focused in an environment with interruptions and distractions. Other responsibilities, such as special events, may require work to be completed outdoors including on construction job sites.
Periodic travel within Los Angeles County for meetings and trainings. Infrequent travel outside of Los Angeles County by car or airplane for trainings, meetings and conferences. Must have own vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance as required by law.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Marisa Latham French, Director of Development & Marketing
HOLLYWOOD COMMUNITY HOUSING CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO THEIR RACE, RELIGION, ANCESTRY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS OR MEDICAL CONDITION OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY LAW.
Health, dental, life, optional vision
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required