Hôpital Albert Schweitzer Haiti seeks an energetic Marketing Manager to build on existing grassroots donor support while cultivating new avenues of support. The ideal candidate will have a drive to understand and connect with grassroots donors, increase funding for HAS, invent and try new approaches, and seek to orient the program toward being increasingly data-driven.
The Marketing Manager works closely with colleagues in both Pittsburgh and Haiti to write and edit effective campaign content and to plan an appropriate campaign schedule for various cohorts of donors and prospective donors. The Manager oversees design, printing/production, mailing and distribution of all campaign materials often in collaboration with outside agencies. Example materials include, but are not limited to direct mail solicitations, annual impact reports, donor reports, social media posts, newsletters, email solicitations, and website design and updates. The Manager also plays a key role in HAS Haiti’s annual Gala through responsibility for invitations, event sponsorship marketing materials, event program, talking points, speeches, and other tasks, as needed.
The Marketing Manager will supervise day-to-day gift processing and donor acknowledgment to ensure effective donor relations/stewardship of grassroots donors. Stewardship activities may also include thank you calling, emails, and other direct outreach.
Performance metrics will include, for example: growth in the number of grassroots donors to HAS, growth in the amount gifted in categories of <$5,000, growth in social media followers, number of grassroots donors transitioning to major donors, and campaign material quality and effectiveness.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
· 3+ years of experience in marketing, public relations, or fundraising.
· Proficient in community building tools and software including social media sites.
· Knowledge of best practices and latest trends in Direct Mail and online fundraising.
· Ability to implement and manage an editorial calendar that includes strict deadlines.
· Knowledge of social media as a vehicle for increasing donor and prospective donor engagement.
· Willingness to work closely with the fundraising team on HAS Haiti’s annual large-scale Gala including primary responsibility for collateral materials, copy editing, invitations, talking points, and other tasks, as assigned.
· Experience in persuasive and/or fundraising writing.
· Self-motivated to meet ambitious revenue goals resulting from increased grassroots donor engagement.
· Experience with event planning and/or logistics.
· Ability to manage production and design timelines with outside vendors.
· Familiarity with fundraising database systems, specifically Raiser’s Edge.
· Experience with WordPress.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nikki Speer, Chief Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required