446 West 33rd Street
The Director, Geffen Center provides expertise and supervision to the intake unit, while coordinating the administrative duties of the department. The Director of the Geffen Center is a vital position within the testing unit. This position is responsible for the support of the testing team in ensuring clients receive quality HIV CTR and prevention services. This position works closely with the Managing Director of Program and Prevention Services, to ensure that intake services are provided in a manner that is client centered and professional.
Specific areas of responsibility include: managing testing staff and volunteers, conducting quality assurance activities to ensure documentation is consistent with GMHC and funder standards, overseeing and executing the Testing Quality Assurance activities to ensure services rendered in compliance with GMHC and funder standards, overseeing data entry, providing supervision to direct reports, compiling and completing programmatic reports, and attending required meetings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
- Provides direct supervision to the Recruitment Coordinator/Onsite Supervisor and Offsite Testing Supervisor. Additionally provides supervision, as needed, to the rest of the Department staff, HIV Testing Counselors/Phlebotomists, Lobby Attendants, Client Navigation Specialist, Data Entry Specialist, and volunteers in positions as peer-counselors and administrative assistants.
- Collects, reviews, screens, edits, stores and distributes all incoming HIV-related information of possible use by, or relevant to department programs or to other agency staff.
- Composes departmental budget and program reviews for all programs within the Department.
- Handles all aspects of grants management for both private and government grants.
- Compiles statistics and composes narrative reports (monthly) on departmental activity for such funding sources as the CDC, the New York State AIDS Institute and the New York City Department of Health and Public Health Solutions.
- Functions as referral liaison between AIDS service providers; interfaces and networks with other GMHC staff and with other members of the AIDS service community.
- Routine communication with all members of the care team.
- Oversee multiple HIV testing prevention grants.
- Functions as liaison between GMHC and referral sources outside the agency. Maintains contact with key social and health service providers.
- Represents the agency to the media, potential or current donors, and to visitors from other AIDS organization who tour GMHC.
- Assist in the facilitation of the GMHC Helpline training, as needed.
- Assist with special projects and performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Develop and co-facilitate the Center Test Counselor training for HIV counseling and testing.
- Embraces the value of volunteerism at GMHC, utilizes harm reduction principles and client centered counseling, and keeps abreast of developments in the HIV epidemic.
- Develops policies and procedures for all departments in portfolio to ensure programs are meeting deliverables, providing exceptional service, and innovatively moves the departments forward.
The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
- Assists with special projects and performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in workshops and conferences as presenter.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field required
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field preferred
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
- Ability to make data entries into computer database
- Knowledge of resources for PWAs and their support networks
- Good verbal, written, computer, communication and interpersonal skills
- Use of computer software - Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Outlook calendaring, and Excel
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required