One Dupont Circle, NW
The American Council on Education (ACE), the nation’s largest higher education organization, is a Washington, D.C. based membership association that represents the presidents of more than 1,700 higher education institutions and another 200 leaders of higher education-related organizations.
ACE is seeking an experienced Marketing Specialist to join the Marketing team to promote ACE programs, products, and services, ACE advocacy and leadership efforts, and ACE’s Annual Meeting.
Essential Job Duties or Tasks:
- Submit receipts, contracts, reimbursements for the team
- Schedule and attend meetings, set up rooms, take notes at group meetings and circulate them
- And other administrative duties
- Develop performance metrics and optimization analysis to develop insights into online marketing
- Prepare reports indicating marketing ROI on key performance metrics to share with management
- Prepare routine reports for ACE overall and for each department
- Research competitors’ programs, products, and services along with pricing to determine ACE’s competitive offerings and pricing
- Draft social media posts for LinkedIn and Facebook (for approval before posting)
- Explore better ways to use social media, as well as other social media venues
- Potentially administer paid social media advertising
- Lay out emails provided by other Marketing team members, to fit into ACE marketing guidelines
- Email layout is mostly WYSIWYG, though occasionally HTML coding is helpful (can be trained)
- Once up to speed, will take over one or more internal ACE clients to handle the department’s marketing
- Will involve going to meetings with the department, writing a marketing plan, staying within budget guidelines, executing marketing plan, potentially working with external vendor on paid marketing
Annual Meeting Marketing
- Take and circulates notes for Annual Meeting marketing-communication group meetings
- Oversee the Networking Lounge furniture ordering/setup at the Annual Meeting (though will not staff it at away meetings)
- Oversee the list of marketing/sponsored items in the registration bag
- Assist in ordering and shipping marketing and promotional materials to the Annual Meeting
Other duties as assigned
Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- College degree, or the equivalent, in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of on the job experience (an advanced degree may be substituted for work experience)
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong writing, editing and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and work with many projects concurrently
Salary range for this position is in the $50Ks-$60Ks.
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Minimum Education Required