Details: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Who We Are
Student Achievement Partners is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping teachers and school leaders implement high-quality, college- and career-ready standards. We believe that challenging academic standards are the foundation for improved student outcomes, but that standards alone are not enough. Students will only make dramatic gains in achievement if instructional materials, assessments, and classroom practices are true to the expectations of high-quality, college- and career-ready standards. Our work is grounded in research and evidence, and we are committed to sharing standards-aligned tools and practices freely with educators across the country through our website www.achievethecore.org.
SAP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to reflecting the diversity of the students we serve. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds.
About the Position
The Senior Mathematics Specialist, as part of the Professional Learning team, will be responsible for the delivery of standards-aligned training in mathematics across our network of educators including states, districts, and partner organizations. This person will facilitate communities of practice and design delivery models intended to increase the impact of professional learning at scale. This is a high profile position and will require travel to present at both large scale speaking events and smaller meetings with partners on behalf of SAP. This is a remote position.
● Designing and developing standards-aligned professional learning content to partner organizations, states, districts, and across our network of educators.
● Planning, managing, facilitating partner and district facing professional learning partnerships (requires travel).
● Planning, creating and delivering virtual learning opportunities.
● Developing expertise in research pertaining to curriculum, instruction, and professional learning.
● Cultivate and maintain relationships with partner organizations across grant-funded projects, including reviewing of products and services, attending convenings and site visits.
● Manage and support content consultants.
Eligible candidates must have deep expertise in teaching, professional learning, curriculum, and the college- and career-ready standards. Above all, any candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to educational equity.
● BA required, advanced degree preferred.
● Minimum of 5 years of experience required: teaching in related field, adult learning, professional development, teacher coaching required.
● High school experience, preferred.
● Passion for and deep knowledge of education, mathematics, and the college- and career-ready standards required.
● Solutions-oriented and a collaborative team player.
● Commitment to excellence and a diligent work ethic.
● Demonstration of strong public speaking skills and presence.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Student Achievement Partners offers a comprehensive benefits package.
This is a remote position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and one-page letter of interest to Nicole Bravo.
- If you had to choose the most important trait or skill for this role, which would you choose and why? Describe how you’ve demonstrated this skill or trait. (max 500 words)
- Provide a sample work product or video that highlights your experience and qualifications for this role.
Please include the position for which you are applying, where you found the job posting, and your name.