1 Davis Square
Somerville Homeless Coalition (SHC) seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Development Manager to work in collaboration with the Director of Operations & Strategic Partnerships (DOSP) and the SHC staff, board and volunteers to raise necessary revenue to support our important programs. The Development Manager will work closely with the DOSP to manage the various areas if the development operation including: Events, Marketing, Annual Fund and Communications.
- Managing SHC fundraising events as well as third party events which includes: securing sponsors and managing event details and recruiting volunteers
- Interacting with donors
- Managing volunteers/interns for events as well as everyday operations
- Communications - including website and social media, web 2.0 skills preferred
- Appeals and mailings including our holiday appeal, spring lapsed appeal and newsletters
- Data entry and support
- Work with other departments to meet SHC’s financial goals
- Ability and willingness to juggle multiple projects and priorities with grace and confidence
- Other duties as assigned.
- The candidate should have 1-3 years of development experience and interest in developing a generalist skill set.
- Should be highly organized.
- The candidate should have excellent writing and communication skills. Knowledge of the issues surrounding homelessness is helpful but not necessary.
- Seeking someone who enjoys working hard but has a sense of humor, a natural curiosity and a creative flair.
Excellent benefits, including medical and dental insurance, 10 paid holidays, four weeks vacation, personal and sick time. Conveniently located in Davis Square.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.