Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
We are seeking a Seasonal Campaign Coordinator to support the External Affairs team at Sheltering Arms – one of the City’s longest serving non-profit organizations. This is an exciting opportunity for a recent college graduate to put their skills to work while assisting in our Winter campaign and associated events vital to the organization’s continued growth. This role will support the expansion our city-wide corporate and community volunteering programs and will play a key role in the execution of our annual holiday drive.
You’ll be joining at an exciting time for Sheltering Arms, as we continue to significantly increase our child welfare, foster care, and juvenile justice programming. The position is a paid, full-time seasonal position that will run through mid-January.
- Plan and logistically support corporate volunteer and fundraising events.
- Provide essential support in the organizing and execution of our annual winter campaign, which provides holiday gifts for all of the children in our programs.
- Be an effective and flexible communicator between the development team, programmatic sites across New York City, and corporate partners.
- Assist the Development team through comprehensive data management and tracking of volunteer and stewardship activities
- Respond to and maintain relationships with prospective volunteers
- Receive and manage in-kind donation requests to the organization
- Other associated tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required
- Must be a candidate working toward, or with a Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working in an office environment is required.
- Excellent, proven written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to rapidly learn, improve, and respond to feedback.
- Additional ability to collaborate well in a team
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and Google Suite.
- An intersectional understanding of social issues facing the City’s high-need communities.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click on the link to apply.