- Provides clinical and programmatic documentation.
- Provides advocacy and case management services for individuals in assigned caseload which includes contact with families, day program/vocational placements and other service providers, and assistance with everyday life skills Provides for needed crisis prevention and intervention with individuals and housing agencies or landlords.
- Provides supportive counseling to individuals concerning daily personal and social issues in a manner that is sensitive and responsive to each individual’s cultural, linguistic and lifestyle needs and preferences.
- Coordinates treatment plan development and implementation and monitors effectiveness through data collection.
- Monitors Program Management, Finances, Budgets, and Operations Ensures that housing is secured in accordance with individuals’ preferences and meets codes specified through relevant housing agencies.
- Assists in the development and administration of policies and procedures for both the agency and the residence.
- Supervises and supports program staff through weekly supervision, staff meetings, direct observation and periodic written evaluations.
- BA/BS in Psychology or related field preferred.
- Two years previous work experience in human service setting(5 years experience in lieu of educational requirement.
- Physical capacity to train clients to use public transportation, assist with shopping and tasks such as heavy cleaning.
- Use of personal vehicle for transportation to clients’ homes, appointments, meetings and to perform varied work duties.
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Bilingual in English and Cape Verdean, Creole, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience (minimally one year).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, personal maturity, common sense and good judgment.
- Demonstrated organizational, clinical, and professional writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within complex housing, shelter, psychiatric and medical systems.
- Ability to work with others in a manner that promotes teamwork, cooperation and community integration.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with people with disabilities in a manner that promotes their dignity, safety and growth.
- Must become MAP Certified within 90 days of date of hire to retain employment.
- Must have a car and be willing to use it to transport clients.
Driving License Required? Yes
Minimum Education Required