About Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts Nation's Capital is the largest Girl Scout council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We're the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
Opportunity to Outreach
We are looking for a Membership Initiatives Specialist who can help us successfully bring in more girls and their families to join the Girl Scout movement through targeted outreach efforts. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won't just be promoting and running a program. Their work will positively impact girls in under-served communities.
Here's What You Will Be Doing
- Introduce communities - girls and their parents - who are not yet familiar with Girl Scouting to the Movement and the leadership opportunities it offers to girls of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Plan and run girl events, start to finish, in order to introduce girls to Girl Scouting through a variety of programs, include several week-long day camps.
- Use your impeccable Spanish language skills to engage Latina families at Back-To-School Nights and other community recruitment opportunities.
- Engage with families of various backgrounds at Back-To-School Nights and other community recruitment opportunities.
- Handle administrative tasks related to recruitment and registration of members and reporting to funders.
- Meet recruitment and troop formation goals.
- Foster community partnerships as a means of securing program sites and gain recruitment opportunities.
- Increase visibility and expand volunteer base by coordinating with community service organizations, collegiate clubs, and academic departments of local colleges and universities.
Is this you?
- Passionate about girl leadership
- Can easily converse and read/write in Spanish and English
- Sensitive to people of other cultures and all abilities
- Excellent with girls, ages 5-17, and equally skilled at working with adults of all ages
- Sales or other membership recruitment experience, or at least a strong desire to learn it, including cold contacts
- Goal-oriented, persistent, dedicated, and committed
- Self-motivated and efficient with strong time-management skills
- Great written and oral communication skills, including public presentations
- Experienced with Microsoft Office; familiarity with Salesforce, a plus
- Ability to work 1-9 PM weekdays on a regular basis, with occasional 9 AM - 5 PM schedule during the week and frequent weekend events.
- Have access to automobile for daily travel
- Girl Scout experience, especially as adult volunteer, is very helpful (but not critical)
Some of Our Benefits
- 100% employer-paid HMO for employees (dependent coverage, POS, dental/vision available)
- 3% employer contribution to 403(b), plus additional 2% match
- Generous paid leave benefits
- Friendly colleagues who are dedicated to a common mission to make a difference in the lives of girls