475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Supervisor of Preventive Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Preventive Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time (Management Team)
The Supervisor of Preventive Services is responsible for providing supportive, educational, and administrative supervision to the Case Planners while ensuring that the Family Treatment/Rehabilitation Program objectives are met.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
· Conducts administrative and case record review including those specified in the ACS Preventive Services Quality Assurance Standards and Indicators as well as those mandated by OCFS preventive services regulations.
· Conducts assessments and intensive, short-term therapy for families.
· Coordinates and attends all Clinical Diagnostic Team meetings.
· Participates in/facilitates Family Team Conferences, as needed.
· Provides supervision and support to Case Planners via individual sessions, staff meetings, and in-house trainings; trains new Case Planners.
· Reviews Progress Notes/documentation produced by staff directly supervised; monitors compliance with Connections and PROMIS.
· Attends community district consortium meetings as appropriate to discuss city, state, and federal child welfare issues and policies, and to exchange information that will impact clients.
· Communicates the Agency’s vision, policies, and procedures to the staff and reports program concerns to the Director of Preventive Services.
· Works in collaboration with other departments, agencies, systems and institutions to maximize scarce resource.
· Regularly assesses the safety and well-being of all clients served.
· Ensures quality and excellence in service provision.
- Adheres to the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers.
- Participates in all required LSSNY trainings.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS/BSW/MSW Case Planners
- MSW interns
· LCSW or Licensed Mental Health Professional or Mental Health Clinician or Licensed equivalent human services graduate degree.
· Minimum of 2 years’ documented relevant experience in child welfare services; experience working in the field of substance abuse and/or mental health; experience in supervisory/management position a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· A facility for and an interest in working with children and families at risk.
· Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to facilitate trainings.
· Ability to work collaboratively with people from all walks of life toward solutions that benefit all involved parties.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Superior organizational skills; ability to manage time effectively and determine priorities.
· Ability to mentor staff and interns.
· Fanatic about details.
· Experience and facility with Microsoft Office Applications and OCFS Connections.
· Ability to navigate throughout New York City using public transportation and/or have a valid New York State drivers license and access to a motor vehicle.
· Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes and cover letters to the hiring supervisor, Ely De La Cruz, with “Supervisor of Preventative Services” in the subject line.
Ely De LA Cruz, LCSW
Director of Preventative Services
[with “Supervisor of Preventative Services” in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----