BGLIG Executive Director
750 Concourse Village West
Bronx Global Learning Institute for Girls’ (“BGLIG”) mission is to create global leaders by providing an exceptional, rigorous K-8 education to young girls through dual language instruction in a technology-rich environment, while building on cultural heritage to foster leadership characteristics and strong values, and to promote self-confidence.
The Executive Director (ED) reports directly to the BGLIG Board of Trustees and is responsible for all aspects of organizational health and academic outcomes. The ED provides leadership with a keen focus on academic results and the long-term sustainability of the school, including but not limited to fulfilling the school’s vision and mission, driving results toward the school’s goals, meeting the school’s fundraising and other financial goals, guiding the school’s professional culture, being accountable to the Board and school’s authorizer, and overseeing finances, development, and human resources.
The ideal candidate for this position is/will:
· An accountable leader who is current on all aspects of the school’s overall progress in meeting its mission.
· A motivational leader who is attentive to staff needs and empowers staff members to carry out their responsibilities while remaining knowledgeable and accountable for school progress.
· A visionary leader with the ability to build broad consensus in support of BGLIG’s mission to ensure the successful growth of BGLIG Charter School.
· A strategic leader who demonstrates the ability to develop short, medium, and long-term goals in executing the mission and vision of the school.
· A driven leader with the acumen to motivate outcomes by building and leveraging an effective management team with the diverse skill set to meet the varied needs of the organization through collaborative planning, problem solving, and decision making.
· Develop and implement strategic plans that meet the school’s goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors.
· Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization.
· Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders, including shareholders and government agencies.
· Seek to continually expand her/his knowledge and employ best practices in delivery of a first class dual-language curriculum.
· View parents and the broader community as partners in education.
· Demonstrate a focus on data as a driver of student and staff performance.
· Have the capacity to build a climate of candor, mutual trust and cooperation.
· Possesses, exemplify and demand high moral standards, strong values, personal ethics and act with complete integrity.
· Maximize available resources and project future needs.
· Manage and develop two school principals and the school business manager.
*Minimum 3-5 years experience in an educational institution, non-profit or as a principal
*Master’s Degree in a related field, Doctorate preferred
* Salary: Commensurate with experience and skills. Please submit salary requirement with the resume.
*Three written references to be submitted with CV/Resume
* Previous experience in a senior leadership role
*Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans
*Deep understanding of financial strategies and finance-related performance metrics
*Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship development
*In-depth knowledge of best practices in education, management and governance
Minimum Education Required