385 East Colorado Boulevard
About The Fuller Foundation
The Fuller Foundation was founded to help individuals and families reach their financial and charitable giving goals and support Fuller Theological Seminary. For more than thirty years, the Foundation has played a key role in supporting the Seminary and helping generous donors give to advance Fuller's mission. The Fuller Foundation is an independent Christian philanthropic services organization offering Gift Planning, Estate Planning, Charitable Trust Administration, Donor-Advised Funds, Endowment Management, and Investment Management Services for the Seminary and its supporters. Through the effective investment of the Fuller Endowment and by providing Gift Planning and Estate Planning Services to Fuller's supporters, the Foundation provides ongoing revenue and leadership in support of the Seminary.
The Director of Gift Planning is a Management Team member of The Fuller Foundation and has direct oversight over all aspects of the Gift Planning program at the Foundation for the benefit of Fuller Theological Seminary.
This position reports to the Executive Director of the Foundation with close working relationships with the Foundation’s Chief Operating Officer; its Senior Director, Estate and Charitable Gift Planning Services; the Seminary’s Vice President for Development; and the Seminary’s Executive Director for Alumni Relations. Travel, including weekends, is required.
· Sustain and expand the Gift Planning program by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospects and donors capable of making bequests, life income gifts, and other planned gifts. Develop and implement a strategic plan to achieve income and other program goals;
· Grow the Charitable Remainder Trust and Donor-Advised Funds programs at the Foundation, within the guidelines established by the Foundation and the Seminary;
· Provide prospects and their advisors with detailed information on planned gift vehicles. Work closely with donors during the estate planning process in order to help satisfy their charitable goals while complying with IRS requirements and Fuller’s gift acceptance guidelines;
· Create a comprehensive plan to integrate Gift Planning into the cultivation of current donors. Work in close coordination with the Vice President for Development, and the Development Officers to establish long-term relationships with prospects and donors, involving them in the life of Fuller and ensuring continuing cultivation over the long term;
· Manage all aspects of the Grace and Charles Fuller Legacy Circle, including cultivation and recognition events, stewardship, correspondence, and other communication and activities;
· Staff and coordinate activities of the Gift Planning Committee of the Seminary Trustees and Foundation Board. Recruit ambassadors to be advocates for the Gift Planning program and assist with cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship as appropriate. Develop productive working relationships with key ambassadors and professional advisors;
· Work closely with the attorney(s) providing legal counsel in establishing planned gifts. Interface with donors’ advisors in establishing gifts, as well as appraisers, real estate agents, and other related professionals;
· Oversee creation, design, and production of a comprehensive and high impact marketing plan.
· Working with Foundation staff, oversee administration of trusts including income payouts, tax documentation, tracking, and reporting. Administer gifts of real estate, life insurance, retained life estates, retirement plan designations, tangible personal property, and matured bequests. Administer systems and procedures for the Gift Planning program, including gift tracking and reporting. Manage communication with donors and their legal representatives during life and the probate process; consult with the Chief Financial Officer and legal counsel of the Seminary, as appropriate;
· In conjunction with members of the Gift Planning Committee, maintain the Foundation’s planned gift acceptance guidelines to address the wide array of Gift Planning vehicles currently available to donors;
· Steward and expand the Charitable Gift Annuity program;
· Work with the Chief Operating Officer to ensure appropriate management and reporting of deferred gift assets and other planned gifts to the endowment. Coordinate with the Vice President of Development and Development Officers regarding deferred endowment gifts that include a naming or other recognition component;
· Develop and manage annual expense plans and income projection.
· College degree required; preference will be given to those candidates with degrees in law, finance, or business;
· A minimum of five years Gift Planning experience in a progressively responsible position within a nonprofit fundraising department;
· Thorough knowledge of Gift Planning vehicles necessary, as well as knowledge of pertinent estate and tax law;
· Proven record of Gift Planning fundraising, and management of Gift Planning program required;
· Experience in working with sophisticated ambassador leadership;
· Excellent strategic planning and management skills;
· Experience in close collaboration with a major gifts program, or in the context of a capital campaign, is preferred;
· Outstanding communication skills; ability to articulate complex concepts in clear, understandable terms;
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully with prospects and advisors, and to develop long-term relationships with donors, gaining their trust and confidence;
· Candidate must be self-motivated, with highly developed organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
· Passion for the mission of Fuller Theological Seminary is essential;
· Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and outstanding benefits package.
Minimum Education Required