Work at the cutting edge of education – leading innovative work to attract college students to the teaching profession. Relay Graduate School of Education is hiring a manager to help us identify promising and talented college students and recent college graduates who will make exceptional teachers. You will connect these future teachers to the opportunities, experiences, and training that will make them strong future teachers – and you will coach and mentor them on their journey to entering the teaching profession.
As the Manager of Recruitment you will build strong and strategic relationships with college and nonprofit partners in key regions; you will build partnerships with college students who share Relay’s vision of educational opportunity for all kids; and you will work strategically with the Relay campuses to identify opportunities for college students to learn and grow in the education field.
You will specifically work to attract and engage students in one or more of the following programs: Relay Summer Experience and Relay Teaching Residency. You will also work with a broader team to provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to students living in specific areas who are participating in Relay programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute on a strategy – and adjust course, as needed – to reach ambitious goals for participants in Relay programming.
- Manage a portfolio of schools and nonprofit partners to support recruiting candidates.
- Leverage events, meetings, branding, training, and program involvement to solicit high quality matriculates to Relay programs (Relay Summer Experience and Relay Teaching Residency).
- Manage the systems and processes to make sure we are capturing the right data to support campaigns and our work with our prospects and college partners.
Institution of Higher Education Engagement
- Mentor and develop the college students with whom you are working to develop the professional and teaching skills that will help them be a successful teacher.
- Develop strong relationships with key faculty and staff to create champions that will promote Relay’s brand and the importance of a committed and diverse pool of future teachers.
First and foremost, the Manager must share the team’s sense of urgency and excitement for removing any opportunity and academic gaps students face – and for growing the pipeline of diverse, inspired, effective educators.
Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- A sense of imagination and possibility to create campaigns and programs to attract college students to the world’s greatest profession
- Ability to manage a lot of work– leveraging critical thinking, project management, people, and organizational skills to achieve a lot in a short time period
- A love and passion for coaching and developing college students
- Ability to communicate well across diverse constituencies
- Ability to work efficiently, intensely, and within an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to travel 40-50% of their time
- A demonstrated passion for education and closing the opportunity gap
- At least three years of classroom teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States
Relay offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required