450 Lexington Avenue
The Campaign Desk is based in New York, NY and reports to the Senior Advisor to the President and Political Director.
Everytown is a movement of Americans working together to end gun violence and build safer communities. Gun violence touches every town in America. For too long, change has been thwarted by the Washington gun lobby and by leaders who refuse to take common-sense steps that will save lives. But something is changing. More than 4 million mayors, moms, cops, teachers, survivors, gun owners, and everyday Americans have come together to make their own communities safer. Together, we are fighting for the changes that we know will save lives.
As a member of the Campaigns Desk, you will assist in executing the Independent Expenditure election activity in the closing days of the 2018 elections. This work will support existing planning and priorities and ultimately help to elect gun violence prevention allies to office at the federal, state, and local levels.
The Campaign Desk is responsible for supporting and executing 2018 ET IE election plans in federal, state, and local races - as well as supporting the department as a whole achieve its 2018 election goals. You will work in close coordination across the political department, as well as with other departments including field, digital, federal affairs, state affairs and communications. Resources and types of support vary by race – creative thinking and perseverance are both a must in this position!
We’ll trust you to:
- execute 2018 electoral work in federal, state, and local races
- oversee the tracking, monitoring of elections, and dispersing information throughout the organization as needed
- collaborate with federal affairs, state affairs, communications, field and other departments to determine tactics and priorities for electoral work
- work with the Senior Advisor to the President and others to contextualize electoral efforts into bigger picture goals of the organization and gun violence prevention movement
- support the political department as needed to achieve 2018 electoral goals
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Minimum Education Required