30 West 26th Street
The Manager, Operations—Development will be based out of a home office located anywhere in the contiguous United States. This is a full-time position funded through June 30, 2019.
At New Leaders, we identify talented educators who believe that all kids can excel and equip them to transform schools and students’ lives. Our programs provide intensive training to leaders at all levels — from teachers to superintendents — so they have the skills to improve instruction, accelerate student learning, and build a brighter future for their communities.
We work hand-in-hand with our partners, delivering leadership solutions that build on their strengths and address their most pressing priorities. While each program is unique, all emphasize authentic practice and expert coaching to prepare leaders to elevate teaching and learning. We also help our partners develop the capacity to do this work in-house, using our proven training model and research-tested curriculum.
In 2001, New Leaders launched its flagship Aspiring Principals program with a cohort of 14 participants. Since then, we’ve trained nearly 2,500 outstanding education leaders in more than 20 districts and 100 charter schools. Visit NewLeaders.orgOpens a New Window. to learn more.
The Manager, Operations—Development will support the Director, External Relations in maintaining strong operational systems for the Development team, including overseeing data entry to ensure accurate and up-to-date donor records, providing key progress reports in a timely manner and managing fundraising data requests for city and national development staff members. The Manager will also provide project management and logistical support for priority training and professional development events.
Operations - Database Management and Reporting
- Create systems for internal development operations, prospect research, progress to goal tracking, historical fundraising data, and fill data requests as needed.
- Serve as liaison to Business Solutions, Legal, and Finance to maintain accurate and functional internal databases and reports (including cash reports, overdue payment reports, progress to goal reports, development dashboards, and goal-setting tools)
- Manage third-party services for fundraising and prospect research (RelSci, WealthEngine, iWave, Foundation Directory, etc.).
- Perform basic database administration tasks including: creating and updating records within Salesforce and running quality control reports to ensure data accuracy and integrity within the Salesforce system.
- Partner with Finance to facilitate cash collection and minimize overdue payments.
- Provide gift processing support for regional development staff as needed.
Training and Professional Development Support
- Support the Director, External Relations in developing, creating content for, and facilitating training and professional development activities related to onboarding, community of practice calls, and team retreats including systems-related trainings for internal systems and operations.
- Provide project management support and logistical support for annual team retreats and other professional development activities for the Development and Marketing teams as needed.
Knowledge Management Support
- Create and manage systems and tools that facilitate the exchange of knowledge and information within and across teams, including the Link, google drive, and virtual communication software.
- Manage prospect research requests and meeting prep for the national development team.
- Support the Director, External Relations by preparing detailed and up-to-date research briefings on prospects and/or groups of prospects for development staff in advance of calls and events.
- Provide ad-hoc development support to steward local and national donors as needed.
- Manage special internal and external outreach activities including annual holiday cards and newsletters.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experiences and Competencies
- Belief that every student, in every circumstance, can achieve the highest levels of academic excellence, and passionate commitment to New Leaders’ mission and vision.
- Systems and process-oriented
- Excited to design and build operational systems and tools from scratch
- Outcomes-oriented with a track record of meeting/surpassing goals and operating with purpose, urgency, nimbleness, and accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills, a plus
- Familiarity with CRMs such as Salesforce, a plus
- Familiarity with prospect research tools such as WealthEngine, NOZASearch and RelSci a plus
- Must be able to travel up to 3 – 5 times annually
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 4years of professional experience required
- At least 2 years of relevant sales or fundraising experience preferred
Compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes competitive benefits package and 401K.
Your cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in New Leaders as well as the position for which you are applying. Only applications with a cover letter attached will be considered.
New Leaders is an equal opportunity employer. New Leaders evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and work-related criteria and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, handicap, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition, marital or familial status, family responsibilities, veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected by law in administration and operation of its Programs and activities, including admission or access thereto, or treatment or employment therein. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of such status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application of interest via the link provided.