Kids Kicking Cancer is an evidence-based innovative program that merges modern integrative medicine with traditional martial arts. Specially trained black belt martial artists teach breathing, visualization, and relaxation techniques, in addition to traditional martial arts moves, to help empower children and provide them with a sense of power, peace, and purpose. Our Heroes Circle program allows very sick children with all types of illnesses to be in the center of a circle that inspires and teaches the world how to “breathe in the light and blow out the darkness.” The Heroes Circle is now functioning in over 90 facilities in 7 countries. Our goal is to lower the pain of one million children by 2025.
Kids Kicking Cancer is looking for a Program and Implementation Specialist to manage multiple grant-funded initiatives as part of our Heroes Circle, Childhood Resilience Program. This role will work across teams to outreach, build, and manage relationships with partners who will utilize the Heroes Circle program. This person will become an implementer, creating curriculum for training trainers, and facilitating training of the Heroes Circle therapeutic methodology used in school and other community organizations, known as the Childhood Resilience Initiative (CRI).
We are looking for someone with an MSW and an entrepreneurial spirit. Someone who is ready to jump in and can prioritize competing goals while setting and accomplishing project timelines. This person should be able to speak in front of groups with ease and have no problem doing outreach. Additionally, it is ideal if this person has experience working in education. This position is funded for at least one year, though knowing with success of these programs and projects, this role will grow into a permanent position.
Project Management - Infant - 2nd grade CRI Program
- Manage relationship with partner organizations and schools (within prenatal-early childhood demographic) to develop roll-out and implementation of Heroes Circle program; train and manage ongoing initiatives around program
- Work with Innovation team to manage deadlines, production, and inform content of video and CRI program aimed at prenatal through 8yr old target audience, including evaluating program.
- Facilitate implementation of program including marketing, project management, advising, and outreach
Heroes Circle CRI Training
- Build and organize curriculum for training trainers and teachers in the Heroes Circle therapeutic methodology
- Facilitate professional development opportunities and training for breath brake coaches, school administrators, teachers and others
- Project manage and create a replicable product to share and expand program
- Work with CRI committee and MPHI professional staff in vetting and finalizing products
- Manage creation of videos and other interactive tools for training
Outreach and Implementation
- Present and showcase CRI program to new schools, organizations, and other opportunities as they present themselves
- Follow up and build relationships with partners across programs, state and local officials, funders, and other constituents
- Organize and manage backend documentation of program, progress, and internal systems
- Master’s degree in Social Work or other psychosocial degree required
- At least 2-4 years’ experience working in school setting strongly preferred; ideally, they should possess a strong level of understanding of educational systems both classroom and administration
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and have ability to manage multiple programs
- Must be personable, have a comfort with presenting and speaking in front of diverse audiences (funders, teachers, administrators, etc.)
- Project management is a key part of this role, this person should be able to work across departments and have solid time management skills
- Basic understanding of Microsoft suite required, additional skills in Salesforce, or any evaluation tools a plus.
Kids Kicking Cancer is an evidence-based innovative program that merges modern integrative medicine with traditional martial arts. Specially trained black belt martial artists teach breathing, visualization, and relaxation…
Please apply using Idealist, or email a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org