The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference works toward an America as good as its ideals. For more information on The Leadership Conference and its 200-plus member organizations, visit www.civilrights.org.
The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal, state, and local policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns inform, educate, empower and mobilize leaders and advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States.
The organizations are seeking a curious, relatable, enthusiastic, and savvy advocate to manage social communities. This incumbent will manage and develop persuasive and engaging content, helping to reinforce a strong brand voice and nurture relationships with the community. Additionally, the incumbent will manage the community to increase engagement, amplify our brands, and maintain community guidelines. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about civil and human rights, and has prior experience managing a community and creating content – both written and visual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· CONTENT STRATEGY (30%): Working with the social media manager, s/he will work with the internal and external client teams to understand, shape and implement a cross-collaborative social marketing strategy. Implements social media strategy and best practices across various platforms and social communities (including Facebook and Twitter now, Instagram and potentially others in the near future).
· COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT (25%): Interacts regularly with social communities, spurring conversation as well as answering questions. Addresses consumer questions and complaints, fact-checks to course correct social conversations and works to reinforce guidelines for engaging within our social platforms.
· COMMUNITY BUILDING (15%): Starts impromptu/in-the-moment conversations. Encourages fan commentary and photo sharing. Nurtures relationships with key brand stakeholders. Engages with bloggers on social channels – including ambassadors, partners, potential partners and influencers. Identifies opportunities to engage in relevant social conversations and build relationships in real-time.
· DATA AND REPORTING (10%) Analyzes and responds to data to refine our strategy. Develops top-line reports on the social media performance monthly.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree required. Degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field preferred.
· Ability to balance multiple tasks, manage a complex workload, and organize time efficiently.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Well-developed interpersonal skills and the desire and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
· Strong interest in communications tools and platforms.
· Passion and commitment to civil rights and social justice.
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications and internet research.
· At least three years of social media experience managing social communities
· Experience with photography and design tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop
· Creative problem solver who can influence others via written and verbal communication
· Strong project management skills
· Self-motivated, energetic, adaptable, flexible and reliable
· Team player, willing to support at times and lead in others
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference works toward an America as good as its…
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and your starting salary requirements to: email@example.com with Social Media Community Manager in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and your starting salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Social…