Details: salary depending on experience
377 East 145th Street
Position Title; Grants/ Finance Manager
This position will assist the Director of Finance and Operations in tracking and reporting restricted program area funding. Mercy Center has a budget of approximately $2.7M.
Mercy Center, a community center for women and children in the South Bronx, seeks a sharp, detail oriented, experienced individual who can share our passion and commitment to the community we serve. Mercy Center (www.MercyCenterBronx.org) has served the women and families of Mott Haven, in one of the poorest Congressional Districts in the nation, for nearly 25 years.
This position will assist the Director of Finance and Facilities in all areas of Govt Contract Invoicing and Reporting as well as Payroll Processing,Cash management and reporting of restricted program area funding. Mercy Center has a budget of approximately $2.7M.
This is a full time position that may require flexibility in scheduling surrounding Government Contract deadlines, Audits and annual Budget preparation
- Prepare invoices for all Government contracts
- Enter Govt invoices into Fund Ez Accounting System
- Assist with the preparation of Contract Budget Modifications
- Oversee Govt Annual Audits and interim Monitoring visits and preparation as needed
- Review and adjust monthly allocations which include Overhead, Salaries and Benefits expenses entered into the Accounting software
- Process Outsourced Online Payroll; add new hire and staff changes,review staff allocations, timesheets and leave balances
- Assist with Annual Budget preparation, entering program/Department Budgets into Fund EZ Accounting Software
- Reconcile invoices against payments and cash advances
- Assist in the analysis of salaries and other accounts to ensure proper allocation
- Issue Monthly Program budget vs Actual reports
- Maintain Filing System for all Government and Foundation Contracts and Invoices, and other related Documents
- Assist with Agency annual Audit
- Support other accounting staff when needed
- Minimum 3 years of related govt contract work experience in a non profit setting required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. MBA and CPA candidate preferred.
- Working knowledge of Accounting Software required. Fund EZ preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel required
Competitive Benefits package. 3 weeks vacation, 3 personal days, 10+ Holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required