International Trade Education Programs, Inc.
Job Type: Full-time, Hourly position
International Trade Education Programs (ITEP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that helps young people gain experience, unlock doors and build the confidence they need to succeed in school, career, and life.
Our programs help schools deliver innovative, career-based curriculum that make classroom learning relevant and exciting. During the 2017-2018 school year, ITEP programs served 6,400 high school students at 13 Southern California high schools. Our success depends on our unique ability to bring industry and schools together to solve problems and overcome obstacles that prevent students' access to education, experience and opportunities. More than 400 industry volunteers serve as ITEP school advisors, mentors and hosts for paid internships.
By helping schools and industry work together, ITEP is changing how society prepares students for life and bringing genuine opportunity to every young person we interact with.
The Position and Essential Job Functions
The Event Coordinator will be an experienced professional with the ability to manage administration and logistics of multiple events simultaneously. The Event Coordinator will anticipate event needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines with minimal supervision and will work a flexible schedule, that may include occasional evenings and weekends. The Event Coordinator should have a passion for event management, volunteerism and be able to build meaningful relationships. The Event Coordinator will report to the Senior Marketing Manager.
Event Planning and Production
· Design, produce and assist with large and small events from concept to completion
· Create event proposals, plans, timelines and post event reports
· Oversee event day; directing set-up and communicating with staff/volunteers
· Assist with on-site production, problem-solving, organizing vendors and site restoration
· Communicate assignment status in a timely manner to the Senior Marketing Manager
· Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to coordinate event messaging and promotion
· Prepare and ship event materials, supplies, and equipment to each venue location
· Research resources and vendor options to assist in decisions about event possibilities
· Develop and maintain network of contacts to facilitate event coordination
· Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
· Maintain detailed event files and updated information on event attendees
· Keep track of event finances including budgets, check requests, invoices and reporting
· Coordinate scheduling of all ITEP events on master event calendar
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education and Experience
· Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone with high professionalism
· Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
· Time management skills, prioritize large volume of tasks with minimal supervision
· Proficient computer skills to conduct research and event administration
· Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Social Media a plus
· Willingness to travel. Ability to drive a motor vehicle and have both a valid driver’s license and automobile
insurance as required by law
Preferred Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 2 years of relevant experience in event planning, hospitality or marketing
· Progressive responsibility executing details
International Trade Education Programs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO (minority, female, disabled, veteran, sexual orientation).
Holidays, paid vacation and sick hours, health insurance and 403(b) retirement packages
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply