55 Kenosia Ave
The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is the leading nonprofit organization representing the 30 million Americans who have rare diseases and those seeking to improve their lives. Since 1983, NORD has served as the voice of the rare disease patient community, providing advocacy for fair and enlightened public policies; education for patients, their families, medical professionals and the public; and leadership and representation for rare disease patient organizations. NORD supports medical research to promote the development of safe, effective diagnostics and treatments, and it provides a broad array of patient assistance programs to assure patient access to treatments. Learn more at www.rarediseases.org.
The Webmaster is responsible for the development and ongoing performance optimization of NORD’s websites, CRM connectivity, and SEO initiatives. The Webmaster will collaborate with Marketing and IT departments to create compelling, efficient, and high conversion web resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead development, maintenance, triage, QA, Project management and enhancements of responsive WordPress web sites.
- Manage projects using PMO/PMP standards and methodologies focusing on clear documentation and communication of scope, schedules, and resources aimed at in scope on time and budget delivery.
- Take ownership of the web software platform and sites; Lead user community and manage access controls; Serve as technical lead and primary contact for web-based projects and editors.
- Edit, refine, and build responsive, optimized WordPress websites, including custom themes and plugins from wireframes
- Maintain data base and object data repositories to be clear of unused assets. Maintain data security and compliance to the law.
- Understand strategy, projects, and initiatives related to developing and optimizing engaging, informative, and high traffic websites.
- Execute on web-related marketing projects, such as the creation of microsites, marketing automation (Salesforce) landing pages, and remarketing/retargeting campaigns
- Recommend and develop technology, tools, and best practices for optimal website performance, quality, and visibility. Learn and share up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and trends
- Manage search optimization activities, including working collaboratively with SEO/SEM vendors/plugins to execute, monitor, and improve search performance
- Integrate, migrate, or consolidate acquired websites into the main site with redirects, domain management and database migration.
- Gather requirements, design, code, and test independently, including testing for cross-platform compatibility
- Translate wireframes and design prototypes into functional WordPress pages and PHP/CSS/HTML code
- Analyze website traffic and trends and provide recommendation for necessary changes
- Manage search optimization activities, including working collaboratively with SEO/SEM vendors to execute, monitor, and improve search performance.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings, as needed, understand and address user needs, define problems as well as appropriate solution requirements, develop specifications, analyze and document business processes, validate test procedures, review training material for the user community and define future product direction.
- Experience testing websites and validating on cross browsers tools, devices, and platforms.
- Experience setting up new hosted websites via third party vendors, DNS editing and server administration
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Communications or Business or equivalent experience
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google AdWords, Yahoo/Bing, and SEO/SEM required
- Strong knowledge of WordPress plugin and MySQL database management.
- 3-5 years of experience with web application development in a business-critical environment, developing strong, usable websites and applications. Minimum of 3 years of experience with WordPress
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of cloud based hosting, deployment practices and disaster recovery.
- Strong sense of web design and experience working with designer to implement digital designs
- Experience with Salesforce, constant contact, mail chimp, and/or Salsa a plus
- Experience with domain management, redirect techniques, and SSL/HTTPs Certificates a plus
- Strong analytical skills to make qualified recommendations on continuous improvement to web strategy
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented with a professional demeanor, hands-on team player with a positive attitude
- Highly resourceful, with ability to work and think independently and take direction
- Understand user interface design, use and, issues
- Be able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be thorough and precise with their work with a level of professionalism
- Problem solver with time efficiency and awareness
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=78782be6-776d-448b-ac5a-228b26928a28&jobId=189923&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001