1111 14th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Overview of the Position
The Communications Analyst is part of a small team within the Communications and Impact Unit. The unit is responsible for creating and implementing GoodWeave’s organizational communications strategy while ensuring that its campaign and organizational messages and branding are based on robust evidence and communicated convincingly through the website, annual report, editorial coverage and other key channels. The Communications Analyst position will be responsible for a range of communications activities with a focus on building content for campaigns, press releases, newsletters, website and other social platforms to drive GoodWeave’s brand; engaging in writing/editing projects that supports GoodWeave’s corporate narrative; and manage day-to-day management of GoodWeave’s social platforms to build awareness of GoodWeave’s results.
The ideal applicant will be an exceptional writer and editor with proven skills in building and managing brand-building campaigns and online and social media strategy development and implementation. Other experience required includes research, administrative and problem-solving skills.
Specific duties include:
· Support development of GoodWeave’s corporate narrative, voice, and external positioning.
· Develop and execute strategies to meet campaign goals and GoodWeave's online presence, including developing content and working with retailers to co-sponsor.
· Develop and implement social media and online advertising through Google AdWords and other tools.
· Write, edit, and format campaign materials.
· Maintain and monitor campaign metrics that demonstrate organizational impact.
· Manage all aspects of GoodWeave's website to include routine updates, content development, and managing outside consultants as needed.
· Research, analyze and recommend new technologies such as mobile applications, webinars, and Google's new suite of tools for nonprofits.
· Develop press releases, blogs, op-eds, etc. and conduct media outreach.
· Manage and update press and outreach lists and e-blasts to partners and supporters.
· Track editorial and advertising placements and maintain press catalog.
Candidate must thrive in an autonomous, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. GoodWeave’s nonprofit-business hybrid model requires business-oriented staff, committed to changing the way business is being done.
- 4-6+ years of content development, online communications and campaign experience, preferably in a socially responsible business or nonprofit environment.
- Excellent writing, editing, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Experience designing and implementing social media campaigns, promoting online material and generating traffic, generally building brand awareness and ensuring media placement.
- Experience with web backend maintenance and development. Basic familiarity with html and knowledge of css and php desired.
- Aptitude for and interest in emerging communications technologies.
- Self-starter able to execute projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Based in Washington, DC. Occasional travel may be required.
Conditions of Employment: GoodWeave is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Employment is contingent on the results of a background investigation and positive references.
Supervisor: Chief Communications & Impact Officer
Compensation and benefits: Compensation is commensurate with experience. GoodWeave offers a health care and dental plan, a simple 401K retirement plan, paid vacation and nine paid holidays per year.
Minimum Education Required