Details: commensurate with experience
436 14th Street, Ste. #1005
EdSource is a highly-regarded independent, nonprofit organization founded in 1977 providing up to date information and policy analysis on education reform in California. We have the largest team of state-based education reporters in the nation.
We are seeking an experienced business manager with HR experience to fill this position, which is based in Oakland. We envision this position as a three-fifth to three-quarters timeposition with benefits.
The Business Manager will be responsible for the financial aspects of the organization. He or she will also refine and enhance current operational systems with the intent to maximize efficiency and effectiveness throughout the organization, while ensuring all activities are mission and culturally aligned, vision focused, and metric driven.
· With the executive director, develop the yearly budget.
· Manage the budget, reviewing monthly and quarterly reports, flagging any under or overspending to the executive director.
· Take corrective action as needed to ensure a stable budget outcome.
· Work closely with outside accountant as needed.
· Oversee the yearly audit.
· Serve as part of the management/leadership team.
· With the executive director develop defined goals and timelines for the organization consistent with the organization's budget and deliverables.
· Track organizational deliverables due to foundations and other organizations.
· Implement, manage and track all contracts and deliverables with outside vendors to ensure compliance and desired outcome.
· Provide monthly updates to the executive director.
· Provide support and staffing for the EdSource Board’s Finance Committee.
· Oversee payroll management.
· Monitor employee benefits and ensure that all benefits including the 403(b) and health savings account are properly administered.
· Negotiate most favorable arrangements with benefit providers as necessary.
· Ensure that performance reviews are completed in a timely manner and that all employee personnel files are current.
· Other HR duties as needed and appropriate.
· Oversee facilities operations and maintenance.
· Ensure that the internal operations of the organization run smoothly and that processes are put in place to deliver performance and achieve goals.
Fundraising and Reporting
· Provide budgets for foundation proposals, and budgets as needed for grant reports.
· Assist in report development as needed.
· Serve as interface with foundation personnel as needed.
· Proven experience as business manager or relevant role, with a minimum of 5 years of experience. Preference is for experience with 501(c)3 organizations.
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
· Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
· Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development.
· Understand financial reports and accounting processes.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Excel, databases and information systems.
· HR experience including running payroll and managing employee benefits.
Benefits and Compensation
The available salary range is commensurate with experience. EdSource offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a range of medical plans, a retirement savings plan, generous vacation leave and 11 paid holidays a year, as well as professional development opportunities.
Send a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references with Business Manager in the subject line.
EdSource offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a range of medical plans, a retirement savings plan, generous vacation leave and 11 paid holidays a year, as well as professional development opportunities. These benefits would be pro-rated for a part-time position.
Minimum Education Required