ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF EVALUATION AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Job posted by Mid-Atlantic Equity Consortium
Details: Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
5272 River Road
MAEC is looking for a dynamic individual to serve as the Associate Director of Evaluation and Continuous Improvement (ADECI) to lead MAEC’s initiatives to provide clients with information, promising strategies, and equity tools to understand needs, collect and analyze data, and/or provide recommendations for identifying root cause, developing plans to address inequities and assessing progress and impact in the areas of race, gender, national origin (ELs), socioeconomic diversity, and/or religion. This individual will also work closely with MAEC’s external evaluator/s to assess MAEC’s services and overall impact and to assist in identifying projects for scaling up. In addition, the ADRCI will assist in MAEC’s development and evaluation/research related efforts.
Center for Education Equity
- Leads and conducts evaluations of selected projects.
- Conducts annual summative evaluation of CEE.
- Designs evaluation instruments for use in technical assistance and/or research related projects.
- Prepares analyses and reports of data collected to provide information on services provided and inform promising equity practices in the field.
- Collaborates with external evaluator/s to collect and to analyze data, identify areas of improvement, and select long-term projects for scale-up.
- Supervises Project Data/Research Specialist in data collection data entering, analysis of data and identification and selection of best equity practices.
- Assists in selected technical assistance and training.
- Develops and/or assists in the development of equity publications.
- Assists in identifying sources for funding.
- Writes and submits proposals for equity projects related funding.
MAEC Research & Evaluation
- Writes and/or assists in writing articles related to equity particularly in the areas of assessment, evaluation,and continuous improvement.
- Assists Deputy Director and External Evaluator in selected project evaluations and identifying projects that could be scaled up.
- Master’s degree in an education or comparable field.
- At least five years of research experience related to equity and/or education work.
- Knowledge of current K-12 education issues, especially as related to civil rights, equity, access, and opportunity;
- Experience in conducting project evaluations and/or research;
- Experience in group facilitation and/or training;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with SPSS, Stata, and/or other analysis statistical programs;
- Strong computer and technology skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Examples: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Google docs, and interest in and ability to learn new platforms;
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically, prioritize time, and conduct research and/or evaluations in fast-moving, changeable environments; and
- Flexible schedule, including willingness to travel.
MAEC was founded in 1991, as an education non-profit dedicated to increasing access to equitable educational opportunities so all students can learn and achieve at high levels. Its mission is to promote excellence and equity in education to achieve social justice.
MAEC collaborates with the U.S. Department of Education, the Offices for Civil Rights, the Department of Justice, state departments of education, districts, and schools to ensure that students are treated equitably and are given access to a rigorous curriculum regardless of race, gender, national origin (English Learners), or religious beliefs. MAEC provides technical assistance and professional learning for state department personnel, administrators, principals, teachers, and families on culturally responsive pedagogy, violence and harassment prevention, prejudice reduction, family engagement, culturally proficient teacher training, compliance with educational laws and regulations, and other issues related to school improvement.
MAEC has recently received an award from the US Department of Education to serve as the Region I Equity Assistance Center that includes 15 states in the North and Mid-Atlantic Region as well as Kentucky, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. The new Center for Education Equity (CEE) that operates under MAEC provides technical assistance and training to clients in the areas of race, gender, national origin (English Learners), and religion.
MAEC offers a competitive benefits package including health, vision, dental insurance, and a 401K retirement program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Both Cover Letter and Resume must be sent as attachments and not in the body of the e-mail. Also please use “Application: Associate Director of Research and Continuous Improvement” in the title of your e-mail.
NO PHONE CALLS.