Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, hard-working, and creative individual who is experienced in contract management and career/workforce readiness with youth and is interested in working in our program located at Transit Tech High School in Brooklyn, NY, funded by DYCD’s Learn and Earn initiative, formerly Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). The Contract Coordinator should bring experience in reporting on program deliverables, database management, and have strong organizational and time management skills. The Contract Coordinator should also bring experience with youth development and strong knowledge/ interest in global education and social justice/human rights. This position will be fully in person and available for immediate start.
· Manage caseload of students including:
· Assist with the development and co-facilitation of interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK’s programming including leadership, college and career, and mentoring program
· Conduct life skills, vocational, occupational and employment counseling, with groups and individuals
· Schedule and conduct workshops including Work Readiness and various re-employment services workshops (e.g., resume and cover letter writing, interviewing skills, coping with job loss/crisis management, job search techniques, keeping your job, etc.)
· Collaborate with GK staff and youth to generate new program ideas focusing on global/local issues and meeting the goals of the contracted initiatives.
· Work with other staff and students to implement the annual Global Kids Youth Conference and other special projects.
· Implement student outreach, recruitment, and retention strategies throughout the year, including utilizing incentives and special programs to boost attendance.
· Collaborate on and coordinate service-learning and project-based activities as well as joint career days and college readiness events with our school partner.
· Help to support partner school’s goals and functions.
· Build and maintain positive relationships with multiple stakeholders such as students, families, school personnel, program partners (DoT, MTA and others), policy makers and other community members.
· Conduct home visits as needed to collect student enrollment documentation.
· Occasional evenings, weekends and overnights with long-distance travel required (annual overnight or multi-night youth retreat, college trips, GK events).
· Collect and maintain necessary documentation including but not limited to enrollment forms, student eligibility documentation, student files, attendance, case notes, Equal Opportunity (EO) documents and program materials/handouts.
· Keep accurate written case records and files that are necessary to meet contractual requirements and funder guidelines.
· Coordinate with federal, state, and other monitors and auditors regarding program compliance.
· Serves as staff liaison with DYCD Central Validation Unit
· Obtain placement and follow-up documentation/paperwork from students/alums in a timely manner and according to DYCD guidelines and deadlines.
· Complete required data entries in a timely manner (attendance, case notes, follow up and exits).
· Responsible for intake and registry.
· Coordinate the collection of quarterly documents proofing follow up participants are engaged in a positive outcome
· Complete other administrative tasks (e.g., ordering supplies, program fund requests, expense reports, contributing to writing program materials for principals and other school partners)
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five years of relevant professional experience or master’s degree in a related field and two years of relevant professional experience.
· Strong understanding of a wide array of NYC social service resources for youth and families.
· Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and youth development/leadership strategies with high school age youth.
· Experience and enthusiasm for designing and leading educational workshops that build on each other.
· Commitment to and understanding of working in culturally diverse settings and using antiracist pedagogical practices
· Experience working in or closely with NYC public schools a plus.
· Strong communication, writing, administrative, organizational, time management and technology skills (Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Zoom).
· Knowledge of and passion for global issues, political science, history, education and social justice and human rights.
· Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
· Strong work ethic, initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to manage multiple tasks independently.
· International experience a plus
· Fluency in other languages is a plus
Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, hard-working, and creative individual who is experienced in contract management and career/workforce readiness with youth and is interested in working in our program located at Transit Tech High…
GK also offers affordable medical benefits, dental, and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation time off, personal days, sick time and possibilities for travel. GK staff also have access to retail discounts through our Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
GK also offers affordable medical benefits, dental, and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation time off, personal days, sick time and possibilities for travel. GK staff…
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Learn and Earn Contract Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by GK senior staff. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We are actively seeking candidates of diverse backgrounds.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “Learn and Earn Contract Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. All resumes submitted will be…