Details: Commensurate w/ Experience.
521 West 145th Street
The Site Director will lead implementation of Boys & Girls Club of Harlem’s (BGCHarlem) after-school programming at assigned school-based program site (s). Daily, the position will ensure that BGCHarlem is delivering quality after-school programming at their assigned site and that these programs are in compliance with the standards that BGCHarlem sets forth.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities)
- Leads all direct service activity at assigned site during the program year and ensures these services are implemented with fidelity and work to achieve key youth development outcomes in the areas academic achievement, health and wellness and character and leadership.
- Supervise all site-based direct service staff as well as provide guidance and support to all program volunteers to ensure achievement of these outcomes as well.
- Serve as a primary liaison to site-based leadership (i.e.: School Principal) and serve as BGCHarlem liaison to all school-based leadership teams and associations where appropriate.
- Serve as primary contact for all site-based program partners and other site-based stakeholders; including parents/guardians
- Support in quality assurance reporting for all BGCHarlem out-of-school time services at assigned site (s).
- Work with the Director of Operations to ensure that sites are adequately resourced and operational
- Facilitate out-of-school activities and other programming as needed at assigned site(s) as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Bachelor degree in education, human services, social sciences, social work
- Minimum of 3-5 years employment experience in an education, child care and/or after-school program setteing.
- A minimum of two years experience supervising and training direct services staff
- Demonstrated interest in youth development
- Familiarity with with New York City/ New York State child care facility standards and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple priorities and projects effectively.
- Proficient in use of standard office equipment and computer software packages, including Microsoft Office suite and data management tools
- This position requires the ability for employees to stand
- It may also be required to walk for long periods of time
- Master of Social Work
- 1-2 years experience working in schools
- Familiarity with program evaluation and outcome management
- Strong leadership skills, ability to take initiative and respond to a variety of situations and manage several tasks and projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and experience working at satellite sites of main program facility.
Includes health, dental, optical and retirement, paid vacation, sick and personal day
Level of Language Proficiency
Speaking proficiency in Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required