29-76 Northern Blvd.
Long Island City
Title: Recruitment Manager
Unit: Human Resources
Reports to: Senior Director, Human Resources
Status: Full Time; Regular; Exempt
Job Code: M505
Location: Long Island City
Date Prepared: February 22, 2018
Responsible for managing Fortune Society’s recruitment lifecycle and providing general support in the delivery of all Agency human resources practices. S/he will primarily focus on serving as the Agency’s lead in position description development, job classifications, applicant sourcing, screening, interviews, reference checks, background checks, compliance, negotiations and offers, and support new staff onboarding processes. The Recruitment Manager will also manage and maintain the Applicant Tracking System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Partner with the Senior Director, Human Resources, and senior executive staff in the design and delivery of an effective staffing and recruitment strategy;
· Manage and conduct the recruitment lifecycle and provide first line of support to hiring managers;
· Partner with hiring managers to develop appropriate recruiting strategy and process;
· Develop/revise/update job descriptions and assign appropriate job classifications; update organization charts and other relevant documents;
· Build the talent pipeline and develop diverse networks of talent within relevant organizations and educational institutions;
· Develop, implement, and document creative, cost effective, and proactive sourcing strategies to attract top talent;
· Work in conjunction with our communications team to attract talent through social media channels and LinkedIn Recruiter;
· Conduct sensitive background checks in accordance with Federal, State and local laws and Agency contract compliance as required;
· Responsible for finalizing offer process including the offer process; manage the acceptance and turndowns of all candidates;
· Work with hiring managers, resource staff and HR team for seamless onboarding of new staff;
· Produce EEOC reports and all other reports containing viable and valued Human Resource metrics and update HRIS data as needed;
· Identify and use recruitment metrics to drive recruitment decision making and strategy;
· Build recruitment dashboard and reports to be shared with hiring managers and the Senior Executive Team;
· Perform exit interviews with departing staff, track departure reasons and incorporate results into recruitment needs as appropriate; and
· Perform other human resources generalist duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus or the equivalent life experience;
· PHR, SHRM-CP a plus;
· Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources, with at least 3 years of experience managing the full recruitment lifecycle and managing high-volume recruiting; not-for-profit experience a plus;
· Considerable knowledge and experience with sourcing, interviewing techniques and candidate assessments;
· Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities with strong follow-up skills;
· Must possess solid knowledge of all Federal and State laws regarding employment practices; EEO compliance;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office; applicant tracking systems; Paycom a plus;
· Strong technical capability to learn on-line recruiting applications; experience using LinkedIn Recruiter a plus;
· Experience and ability to work with staff at a variety of levels and to coordinate multiple stakeholders and projects;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong negotiation skills and customer service skills;
· Passion for recruitment and the impact it can have on an organization;
· Strong organizational and time management skills;
· Good self-direction and team work skills;
· Ability to travel Citywide; and
· A sense of humor.
We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to the Fortune Society’s mission. Relevant life experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements: Will require travel to our Harlem sites; Citywide recruitment efforts where appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online: