District of Columbia
Voto Latino (VL) is seeking a seasoned professional for an Executive Coordinator role who will assist the President and CEO in her daily work. Candidates should have proven skills in scheduling, discretion, project management and organization. The Executive Coordinator will report to the President and CEO. Voto Latino is a dynamic organization that is in a period of growth. The Executive Coordinator will be a key partner in during this time of expansion.
- Manage the President & CEO’s daily calendar, scheduling all meetings and conference calls in coordination with internal staff and external contacts
- Coordinate speaking engagements and plan business trips: making all travel arrangements, preparing itineraries, and processing and reconciling all travel expenses
- Review all incoming correspondence and communications to the CEO’s office, responding directly on behalf of the CEO, flagging communications requiring the CEO’s attention or identifying the appropriate person to handle any follow up
- Ensure all follow up from the Office of the CEO is completed in a timely and professional manner
- Prepare or coordinate with other departments all presentations, key talking points and briefing materials for meetings, events, media interviews for the CEO
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Board of Directors, including coordinating and managing quarterly board meetings
- Travel with the CEO as needed
- Serve as the back-up for the Finance and Operations Associate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4-year college degree
- 3-4 years experience as a Scheduler or Executive Assistant
- Ability to interact professionally with industry leaders and executives
- Exercise discretion with sensitive information
- Experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Be a strong self-starter who is highly organized
- Creative problem solver
- Consistent record of juggling multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated commitment to and awareness of Latino civil rights and/or issues of social justice
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Voto Latino also offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, and vacation leave.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use “Executive Coordinator” in the subject line.
About Voto Latino:
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required