St. Stephen’s Youth Programs is a provider of year-round out-of-school time academic and enrichment programming, youth and parent leadership development and community organizing training. Our mission is to promote equity in education, employment and opportunity through long-term relationships with young people, their families and their communities.
Founded in 2000, St. Stephen’s Youth Programs has grown to serve more than 750 children and teens annually in four Boston neighborhoods with a budget of $2 million. Our offices are located at 419 Shawmut Avenue in the South End of Boston and at 31 Lenox Street in Lower Roxbury.
We are seeking a part-time Senior Grants Manager to oversee and expand our fundraising efforts with foundations. This is a 30 hour per week position with flexibility to work most hours remotely.
Reports to: Executive Director
Duties & Responsibilities
*This position is required to be in-person at our South End location at least 2 days per week.*
Foundation, Partner Church and Diocesan Grants
- Manage a portfolio of 20+ funders who contribute $500k+ annually
- Build relationships with external corporate and foundation funders through visits, correspondence and regular communication
- Develop individualized strategies for corporate and foundation prospects and donors
- Conduct research to identify corporate and foundation prospects, for the organization as a whole and for specific programs and projects that align with the SSYP strategic priorities.
- Define goals, objectives and metrics for the Corporate and Foundation Relations program in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Work collaboratively with SSYP partners to identify, develop and frame aspects of existing programs and plans that have potential to attract grant and sponsorship funding.
- Lead all aspects of creating and submitting corporate and foundation grant proposals, including writing, preparation of supporting documentation
- Complete required grant reporting and provide other program updates as appropriate
- Coordinate timely submission of twice yearly grant requests to the Friends of St. Stephen’s 501c3
Grant and Fundraising Database Management
- Oversee accurate database entry of all foundation grants and prospects
- Generate database reports as needed for grants and reporting
- Maintain back-up paper files for foundation grants as deemed necessary
- Participate in overall development and communications strategy development and planning
- Meet with Budget & Finance team to review development projections and report progress vs. goals; support monthly reconciliation process (EFTs and electronic payments/donations)
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 to 7 years proven track record of success in corporate and foundation fundraising
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with corporations and foundations
- Experience preparing timely, accurate, and comprehensive written reports and presentations
- Proven ability to effectively articulate clear and compelling messages
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative problem-solving environment while also working independently, juggling multiple priorities and deadlines, and accomplishing tasks on time
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Computer literacy and fluency in Microsoft Office and Google suite applications, relational databases and internet and research skills
- Familiarity with development and fundraising databases, Salesforce preferred but not required
- Strong appreciation for teamwork
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of diverse internal and external team members
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion
- Ability to travel locally if necessary
This position is 75% FTE. Salary range: $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
All staff are asked to be vaccinated to do in-person work.