126 Hyde Street
PO Box 423240
ABOUT THE TRANSITIONAL HOUSING DEPARTMENT:
This is a 12-month clean and sober transitional housing program for men and women on probation. The primary goal of the program is to assist clients on probation obtain permanent housing while compassionately supporting participants in remaining clean and sober.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Housing Planning Specialist -- Transitional Housing Program is responsible for assisting clients on probation and participating in a 12-month clean and sober Transitional Housing to build life skills and obtain permanent housing.
- Provide permanent housing placement, life skill building and housing stability support to up to 30 participants staying in the clean and sober Transitional Housing Program.
- Collaborate with intradepartmental THC staff, Adult Probation Department, and other community partners to ensure effective and coordinated participant services to increase participant stability, especially as it pertains to their housing.
- Meet with clients regularly to conduct intakes, create Permanent Housing Plans, and assess ongoing ability to reach identified goals.
- Build an active participant community and environment of support by hosting regular community events, participant groups, and social activities.
- Develop relationships with landlords/housing providers to find immediate and/or long-term placement for participants.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- High School degree or equivalent required; BA/BS degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working directly with diverse, low-income individuals required. Experience working with persons who are or have been incarcerated strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of the adult criminal justice system, knowledge of the National Institute of Corrections' Principles of Effective Intervention and the Six Gender Responsive Strategies for Women Offenders, and a thorough understanding of criminal justice criminogenic needs and community functioning factors strongly preferred.
- Must meet criteria for APD security clearance to enter and work at APD offices and inside the County Jail.
- Knowledge of San Francisco housing resources strongly preferred.
- Bilingual abilities preferred.
THC offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees and their eligible spouse/children, as well as a 403b plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, long-term disability, 12 paid vacation and 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays and 4 floating holidays annually.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For a full outline of requirements and more details about this position please see: https://www.thclinic.org/careers/
To express interest in this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tenderloin Housing Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.