Details: Competitive depending on qualifications
886 Westchester Avenue
Ground Floor Suite
Pioneering harm reduction agency located in the South Bronx has an opening for a full time Women's Service Unit Manager. Primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Case management/Outreach/Advocacy as part of a multi-disciplinary team to active drug users at the central office and outreach locations.
- Work with participants using a person-centered approach to help identify strengths/needs and establish goals and objectives.
- Recruit people who identify as women and gender non-conforming people who use drugs into our program by understanding the unique challenges and oppression they face.
- Assist with referrals to community based services, housing applications and income/mainstream benefits applications, assistance in accessing health/mental health care, emergency food shelter, transportation and/or other social services. Follow up as necessary.
- Complete documentation as required including electronic record keeping system, participant files and completion of reports as required.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, case reviews and staff training as scheduled along with supervision and other program or agency meetings as assigned.
- HIV testing,pre/post HIV test counseling and referrals to STI/STD testing
- HIV/AIDS and STI/STD risk education and referral to appropriate care.
- Conduct presentations about the Women's Services Program to community agencies and businesses.
- 1 year case management experience
- Experience with individuals experiencing homelessness, mental illness and substance use.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills - proficient in word, excel and electronic record keeping
- Ability to listen and respond non-judgmentally with empathy.
- Outreach experience
- Experience and knowledge of Harm Reduction as well as anti-racist and anti-oppressive frameworks
- Experience with Trauma Informed Practice, Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change or other evidence-based practices.
- Familiarity with Bronx mental health, health, housing, and social service providers.
- Spanish fluency strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send an responsive cover letter and resume to Joyce Rivera, Executive Director, with subject line "Women's Program". Email: firstname.lastname@example.org