80 Broad Street
Title: Operations Associate, Marketing
Reports To: Sr. Database and Finance Manager
Location: NYC office
Start Date: July 1, 2018
Mission: Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier global organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young women and breast cancer. YSC works with survivors, caregivers and the medical, research, advocacy and legislative communities to increase the quality and quantity of life for women diagnosed with breast cancer ages 40 and under.
YSC offers resources, connections and support so women feel empowered and hopeful during one of the most challenging experiences of their lives. We believe no woman diagnosed under 40 should be left to face breast cancer alone. For more information visit: www.youngsurvival.org.
Position Overview: YSC is seeking a dedicated professional to join our team as an Operations Associate to oversee the implementation and follow through of YSC marketing and communications projects. The Operations Associate is responsible for maintaining the accuracy and timeliness of marketing projects, ensuring a timely and effective process, and developing effective 3rd party relationships with marketing & operations vendors.
This individual must be able to multitask and be highly proficient at prioritizing work, serving as a generalist in delivering on many tasks crucial to the workflow of the Operations & Marketing departments. We are seeking an individual who is eager to learn, has great dedication to providing support to many systems and is comfortable working with 3rd party vendors. This position presents an excellent opportunity for exposure in a growing organization as well as experience with several industry-standard software products, including Salesforce and Rallybound.
Job Responsibilities for the Operations Associate:
- Provide Operational support to cross functional systems of the Operations & Marketing teams
- Serve as project administrator to include: project needs, timelines, engaging staff across the organization, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Maintenance of YCS’s creative calendar by collaborating with all YSC departments to ensure timely completion of all marketing projects.
- Serve as primary point of contact for 3rd party marketing & operations vendors
- Troubleshoot support issues for Marketing based software
- Assist with launching new fundraising sites, troubleshooting roll-out, and recording data in Salesforce
- Build web forms and work with connectors to accurately input form data into Salesforce.
- Create and maintain mailing lists, track user engagement with YSC’s emails, and work collaboratively to build and maintain automated communication programs.
- Assist with marketing campaign analytics, monitoring the success of YSC campaigns using Google Analytics and Salesforce Reports and Dashboards.
- Assist with reporting out of Salesforce and ensuring data integrity.
- Provide administrative support to Marketing Department
- Assist with coordination of logistics for YSC events and marketing activities and assist with projects on an as-needed basis
- Prepare reports, generate queries, and lists for the Marcom Department on an ad-hoc basis as requested
- Maintenance of Marcom use of the Salesforce database, including updating and correcting database records
- Other duties as assigned
Everyone at YSC and third party vendors. This is an internal support role, primarily supporting our marketing efforts, reporting to and part of the Operations team.
- Undergraduate college degree is preferred.
- Proven experience and success in project management
- Ideal candidate should have at least 1-2 years of experience in the nonprofit setting
- Must have excellent organizational skills, creative problem solving, and a curiosity for learning.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with various stakeholders and similar deadlines successfully; to effectively prioritize.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including proofreading and editing. Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong technology skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Access), comfort with basic image editing software such as Canva, html and website content management systems. Working understanding of Google Analytics and SEO best practices. Salesforce and Asana experience is a plus.
- Ability to proactively manage, produce and analyze reports
- Customer service orientation with professional and positive attitude
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, reliable, flexible and able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Eager to offer new ideas for process improvements.
- Preference given to candidates with experience working with Salesforce, Pardot, RallyBound, Form Assembly, or similar.
- Demonstrated interest in working for an organization that is mission driven
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Young Survival Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, including salary requirements, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Operations Associate, Marketing” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of submissions, YSC will contact only candidates invited to interview. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered. Thank you for your interest.