Details: Compensation through Student Employment/work study program.
Girls in the Game Work Study Program Coach Job Description
Note: This position will begin October 2018, with training in late September
About Girls in the Game
At Girls in the Game every girl finds her voice, discovers her strength and leads with confidence through fun and active leadership, sports and health programs. Our programs empower all girls to be gamechangers in their own lives and in their communities. We strive to serve girls year-round and over the long-term and offer a continuum of programs for girls at each stage in their development. Our heart is in Chicago, but in recent years we’ve expanded to include programs in Bloomington, Illinois, Baltimore, Maryland and Dallas, Texas.
Girls in the Game is seeking a part-time coach to do the following:
· Assist in the instruction of the after-school and programming held at multiple sites
throughout the city
· Learn and lead the curriculum used for programming for up to 25 participants per site
· Attend coaches’ training meetings and complete weekly progress forms
· Organize and maintain program materials and equipment
· Ability to work from a strength-based and/or youth development perspective
· Experience and enthusiasm to work with girls and adults in a variety of settings and activities
· Capacity to engage others from diverse cultures and various sectors of the community
· Excellent facilitation, communication and writing skills
· Ability to perform in a proactive and self-directed fashion as well as a contributing team member
· Flexibility, positive attitude and desire to continually improve professional skills
· Spanish speaking applicants are encouraged to apply
· Experience working in a nonprofit, preferably with youth or girls
· Some college course work, preferably in a health or related field
· Strong commitment to promoting positive change in the lives of girls
· Comfortable and committed to working with participants and staff from diverse backgrounds
· Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends
· Regular travel to sites and off-site meetings required, car preferred
· Sports experience a plus, but not a requirement
Through Student Employment/work study program.
Part-time, with a minimum 10- week commitment to coach, not including training, beginning the first week of October. All coaches must attend a paid Girls in the Game Best Practice Training before starting to coach in programs. We have a preference for coaches who are able to commit to a 30-weeks of programming.
This position will be directly supervised by the Senior Programs Manager.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish speaking applicants are encouraged to apply
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
· Availability Monday – Friday, 3pm – 6:30pm
· Number of hours available or desired per week
· Available method of transportation (you have a car or you are familiar with public transit, etc.)
No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in Girls in the Game!
Girls in the Game is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation.