Literacy Volunteers of Morris County is a not for profit that provides English as a Second Language and adult literacy instruction to adults in Morris County, NJ. Our office is located in Morristown and our office hours are Monday – Thursday, 9:00 to 3:00.
We are seeking a part time (20-30 hours per week) Program Coordinator for our busy tutoring program. The Coordinator will manage student intakes and tutoring activities, including: Student recruitment and assessment; matching students with volunteer tutors; providing ongoing support and regular communication with tutors and students; and maintaining accurate records.
· B.A. or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
· Demonstrable interest in program’s goals and mission.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service to volunteer tutors and students.
· Comfortable using Microsoft Office and email, and able to learn database management software
· Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both orally and in writing
· Ability to effectively prioritize and organize assigned work, analyze problems, develop effective work methods and meet deadlines.
· Ability to maintain a poised and professional demeanor which includes sensitivity to cultural diversity, and to represent the program in a professional manner.
· Dependable and able to work independently.
· Ability to speak a foreign language helpful, but more important is your desire and comfort in communicating with people from around the world.
For more information about our programs, visit our website at www.lvmorris.org
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject line: Program Coordinator.
Literacy Volunteers of Morris County is a not for profit that provides English as a Second Language and adult literacy instruction to adults in Morris County, NJ. Our office is located in Morristown and our office hours are Monday – Thursday, 9…