104 South Michigan Avenue
With 100,000 people moving into cities across the globe every day, the 21st century will truly be the century of the city. Humanity’s continued existence on this planet will rely on our ability to transform cities into dense, livable centers of innovation that reduce both land consumption and energy needs. In order to accommodate an additional 2.5 billion people in the world’s cities by 2050, the shapers of our urban landscapes will require guidance through access to expert research and resources that promote best practices for smarter cities. This is why the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat’s mission is critical to promoting a better urban future.
The CTBUH is seeking a Publications & Design Associate who will provide creative support for all CTBUH initiatives, including graphic design. In this capacity, you will support the Publications & Design Coordinator in the organization and steering of various production needs for the Council, including publications, websites, event signage, branding, and more.
- 30%: Contribute to the Council’s numerous published outputs by organizing their production, providing creative input to graphic elements, and ensuring the highest final quality through detailed review and proofreading.
- 30%: Contribute to the production and creative support of CTBUH events, conferences, awards program, and seminars with websites, programs, advertisements, posters, signage, and more.
- 15%: Contribute to other miscellaneous printed material, as needed. This may include contributing to the research and development of content for “CTBUH Tall Buildings in Numbers” data studies, the annual Year in Review tall building retrospective, and other technical articles and outputs.
- 15%: Assist with administrative support for the Publications & Design Coordinator and CTBUH team generally.• 10%: Conduct external communications with CTBUH membership, media, and others in support of CTBUH programs and outputs.
- A competitive salary and generous benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A 401(k) plan with up to 9% employer contribution.
- A team of sharp, friendly, committed staff members to work with.
- A Downtown Chicago location near public transportation and Lake Shore Drive.
- Gym and bike room access in the building, with CTBUH covering gym membership.
- An office culture that encourages new ideas and rewards personal ownership of tasks.
- Bonus time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day in addition to standard holidays and vacation days.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Highly proficient software skills with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office
- Excellent graphic design skills and intuition
- An understanding of typographic principles and working with multi-page layouts
- A penchant for rigorous personal organization, and devising methods to track and complete tasks.
- Strong English language skills.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- An interest in tall buildings, architecture, urban issues, and related topics.
- HTML and basic front-end web development knowledge.
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar software.
Level of Language Proficiency
A high-proficiency of the English language.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a brief cover letter (1) explaining why you would be ideal for this role, along with a resume (2) and digital portfolio (3) to careers(at)ctbuh.org. Your application must include: cover letter, resume, and portfolio.