4800 South Paulina Street
Essential Functions* of the position are detailed below and include any physical requirements checked below:
1. Must have availability to work at all of Catholic Charities Head Start and Child Care Center locations. Assignment to sites may be either short or long term and work hours may vary based upon staffing needs including fulfilling the role of Group Leader in a School Age classroom as needed.
2. Develops, as needed, and implements weekly lesson plans utilizing the Creative Curriculum that meet agency, licensing, accrediting and funding body standards.
3. Interacts with the children to assess their strengths and needs to ensure curriculum development and individualized teaching and meets the needs of the individual students, ages two to twelve years, as well as promote progress in all areas of development.
4. Maintains open communication with parents/caregivers through maintaining bulletin board, weekly newsletters, planned activities, direct contact involving parents and other outreach and communicates with the parents on an ongoing basis regarding their child's progress and participation in the class, including but not limited to parent/teacher conferences and home visits at regular intervals as applicable to program funding regulations.
5. Provides a safe, clean and nurturing environment for the children and ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed.
6. Completes all required documentation in accordance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, DCFS licensing, funding or accrediting bodies.
7. Participates in the NAEYC and COA accreditation process and comply with the requirements of DCFS as a licensed child care facility.
8. Provides leadership to the teacher assistant with the daily activities of the classroom.
9. Participate in on-going recruitment activities designed to increase enrollment in the program.
10. Maintains up to date knowledge in the field by attending seminars, workshops and in-service trainings, obtain at least 20 professional development hours annually per requirements of Gateways to Opportunity, obtains Gateways to Opportunity credentials relevant to position and works to increase credential levels as applicable to funding, accrediting and regulatory requirements.
PLEASE NOTE:* Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
X Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
X Push and pull objects up to 35 pounds.
X Climb up and down up to 3 flights of stairs at a time.
X Lift up to 35 pounds.
X Additional Requirements: Must be able to walk, run and participate in physical activities with small children. Must be able to bend, stoop and sit at the children's level. Must be able to rearrange classroom equipment and supplies
Other Requirements: Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to:
X Background check, including any program specific requirements
X TB Testing
X Driver's License and reliable transportation
X Agency-specified automobile insurance
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred: Bachlelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education
Minimum: Bachlor's Degree Head Start Centers: w/a min. of 30 credits in ECE. Child Care Centers: w/a min. of 21 credits in ECE
Preferred: 2 Years in an Early Childhood classroom
Minimum: 1 Year or new graduate with student learning experience.
Preferred: Certification in Food Safety and Sanitation, CPR and First Aide.
Minimum: CPR and First Aide certification with in the first 12 months of employment. Must obtain food handler certification within 6 months of hire.
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For purposes of OFCCP (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs) compliance, all initial submissions received through this website will be treated as job seekers.
Minimum Education Required