ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for providing case management and recreational services coordination for residents of a senior housing facility. The Social Service Coordinator will:
- Actively coordinate day to day on-site services for residents and ensure all service provision is representative of RiseBoro’s mission.
- Conduct non-clinical annual assessments of residents to determine wellness and social needs.
- Provide ongoing case management, assistance and advocacy, providing information and referrals to community services as needed.
- Assist clients with regards to benefit entitlements such as SSA, SSI, SNAP, Public Assistance, Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurances, conducting advocacy as needed.
- Educate residents on the available on-site services as well as those available in the community.
- Prepare and maintain up to date records and resident files, including residents’ personal and eligibility information, records of services provided, and all relevant correspondence. Document contact with residents, families, and providers.
- Conduct monitoring services through friendly visits and telephone reassurance calls.
- Deliver services with sensitivity to the clients’ cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Work collaboratively with community partners to ensure residents are able to age in place, including coordination of home care services and proper discharge planning from inpatient facilities.
- Organize social activities such as group birthday parties, picnic trips, and other yearly events and accompany the residents on these trips as well as assist fellow Social Service Coordinators with social events.
- Travel to at least two other assigned senior buildings weekly and as needed to provide on-site services.
- Organize and conduct outreach for educational workshops, ensuring senior participation and also provide proper translation for materials being discussed.
- Encourage participation in educational workshops and provide proper translation of material discussed as needed.
- Communicate with on-site property management and maintenance staff on resident issues.
- Additional responsibilities may be added as position evolves.
- Minimum of two years of case management experience, particularly with the elderly.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy including ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be a team player and work effectively with culturally, economically, and educationally diverse populations.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and work with a high level of autonomy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain good relations with clients and colleagues.
- Commitment to RiseBoro’s mission of unleashing the potential of communities to thrive, no matter the odds.
- High School Diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, or a related field preferred.
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of RiseBoro to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, political or union affiliation, marital or partnership status, sex, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity, familial status, genetic information or predisposition or characteristic, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military and related obligations, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job placement, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship, employee development, promotion, demotion, discipline, transfer, lay-off and recall, and termination. RiseBoro makes reasonable accommodations based on religion and/or disability as required by law, and requests for accommodation are to be directed to the Human Resources Department.