Part Time Temporary
Details: Compensation is competitive
The Mid-Hudson Heritage Center, Inc. (MHHC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit incorporated in 2011, with 4 venues in the culturally diverse City of Poughkeepsie. The MHHC exists to foster connection and celebrate Poughkeepsie by sharing our stories and creating together. The organization is committed to providing opportunities for community members living in Poughkeepsie and nearby areas of the Mid-Hudson Valley to express creativity and celebrate cultural heritages. Our venues include: the Heritage Center Gallery, a community art gallery and event space; Art Centro, which houses a fully equipped ceramics studio and 3 small art galleries; PUF Studios, a newly-opened printmaking studio in the historic Poughkeepsie Underwear Factory; and the 1767 Glebe House history center. The MHHC currently operates with two part-time staff members and an active and growing group of volunteers and board of directors.
PRIORITIES AND ONGOING RESPONSIBILITIES
The Interim Executive Director is responsible for guiding the organization through a strategic planning process, to be completed by Fall 2018, and implementing key resource development activities to build a strong foundation for the future success of the organization. The Board of Directors has begun a strategic planning process; the role of the Interim ED will be to coordinate and help guide a robust planning process through to its conclusion, resulting in a comprehensive action plan to guide future activities of the organization. The Interim ED will also focus on developing and implementing fundraising and grant solicitation to increase the organization’s capacity, secure sufficient resources to sustain a permanent full or part time executive director, and meet programmatic goals. Ideally, the Interim Executive Director will be in place by June 1, 2018. The position will be maintained as needed, with a minimum expected tenure of six months. This is a part-time position of up to 20 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
The Interim Executive Director will be the Chief Executive Officer of MHHC and will report to the Board of Directors.
· In program development and administration, the Interim Executive Director will:
1. Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
2. Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
· In communications, the Interim Executive Director will:
1. Ensure that the board is kept fully informed of the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
· In relations with staff, the Interim Executive Director will:
1. See that staff and programs are effectively managed.
2. Create a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality people.
· In budget and finance, the Interim Executive Director will:
1. Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the board in managing the budget and ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
2. Jointly, with the president and secretary of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization and execute legal documents
The Interim Executive Director will have experience in a senior management or executive role in the nonprofit sector. He/she will possess excellent communication skills, and will be comfortable representing the organization in a variety of public settings. He/she will have experience managing a successful strategic planning process, generating strategic input, and producing operating plans. He/she will have experience developing and managing organizational budgets, and have a proven track record of successful fundraising and grant solicitation. He/she will also possess a passion for the mission of the MHHC. Specifics:
· A solid track record of seeing projects through to successful completion.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Fundraising and grant writing experience required.
· Business acumen and strong sense of financial responsibility.
· A successful track record of leadership.
· A willingness to comfortably and effectively work with people of diverse backgrounds.
· Experience and facility with Microsoft programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
20 hours per week, flexible schedule
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume.
Address correspondence to:
Roy Budnik, Board President
The Mid-Hudson Heritage Center
317 Main Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601