410 7th Street, SE
District of Columbia
Master of Social Work or equivalent master’s degree
1-2 years case management experience
Knowledge of child and family systems, LGBTQ issues, housing, and case management intervention
Ability to pass a criminal background check
Ability to pass an employee drug screening
Director of Youth Housing
The Youth Housing program case manager has full case management responsibility in the youth housing program. The case manager provides client centered case management services to address the residents’ education, mental health, physical health, and permanent housing needs/goals through coordinated activities and referrals. The case manager assists youth in obtaining appropriate permanent housing and/or reunifying with their family or kin. The case manager works to connect youth with services with the goal of developing skills that lead to independent living upon completion of the program.
- Develop mutually agreed upon client identified goals, complete assessment of service needs, youth primary goal is permanent stable housing in the community; provide weekly 1 hour case management to each of the 12 youth residents.
- Coordinate psychosocial, legal, and medical referrals as needed.
- Provide SPDAT and need assessments to non-resident community youth as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed, facilitate peer mediation, and if necessary, refer clients for psychiatric assessment.
- Assists clients in advocating for and obtaining benefits and entitlements.
- Plan and lead bi-weekly group meetings with residents.
- Assist in program management duties including but not limited to, coordinating with volunteers and outside stakeholders, participating in community events, engaging in population advocacy.
- Liaise with other service providers and assist in outreach efforts.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining community partnerships.
- Responsible for distributing food and transportation funds to residents, reconciling receipts and tracking purchases.
- Present psychosocial needs, strengths and limitations of all assigned clients during supervision and interdisciplinary (staff meetings) care planning meetings, and case consultation.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, up to date, client records and documentation, and clinical notes.
- Responsible for ensuring residents are held accountable to program rules and responsibilities.
- Screen program candidates for admission, completing resident intakes, orientations, and graduations (exits).
- Other duties as assigned.
About SMYAL: SMYAL supports and empowers lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth in the Washington, DC metropolitan region. Through youth leadership, SMYAL creates opportunities for LGBTQ youth to build self-confidence, develop critical life skills, and engage their peers and community through service and advocacy. Committed to social change, SMYAL builds, sustains and advocates for programs, policies, and services that LGBTQ youth need as they grow into adulthood.
This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits, which includes health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement, vacation and sick time, metro commuter benefit, training opportunities, and on-site clinical supervision once a week by an LICSW. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants may send resume and cover letter to Jorge Membreño, LICSW at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Case Manager Position. Include salary requirements within your cover letter. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. No phone calls, please. Please apply by Friday, April 20, 2018.