801 Third Avenue Suite 700
Family Law CASA seeks a dynamic, dedicated, and proven Director of Development and Communications to be a key member of the organization’s development team. The Development Director will play a key role in developing and executing a $1M annual fundraising plan and a strategic communications plan to increase local awareness of Family Law CASA. This position is responsible for overseeing all fundraising efforts including individual, corporate and foundation giving, and events. The ideal candidate is well-versed in donor-centered best practices and has the desire and experience to take an established organization and mission to its next level of growth. Reporting to the Executive Director, this works closely with the Board of Directors and a small team of development staff.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· In collaboration with Executive Director and Board of Directors, drive the process of designing and implementing a diversified fund development strategy, budget, and complementing communications, fundraising activities, grants, appeals, events, and public awareness campaigns.
· Manage the development department using ethical and donor-centered fundraising practices.· Plan and lead two major fundraising events annually, with support from development committees.
· Identify and build relationships with prospective donors including individuals, corporations and foundations, and develop avenues for meaningful donor engagement.
· Develop and maintain, with Executive Director, prospect and donor portfolios and produce reports and campaign updates.
· Assist in developing and implementing overall strategy for Family Law CASA‘s marketing, communications, and presence, especially within the donor prospect community.
· Develop content and leverage multiple communication mediums to complement relationship and development efforts.
Manage the fundraising communication calendar using Better Fundraising’s Ask Thank Report Repeat (ATRR) fundraising cycle.
Administration and Donor Gift Management (15%)
· Work with development team to ensure highest integrity and care for donor database and provide timely gift acknowledgements.
· Oversee stewardship and collection of recurring and matching gifts, stock gifts and Donor Advised Funds
· Ideal candidate has a minimum of 7 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising including development communications.
· Clear track record of success in cultivating, soliciting, and securing donor support through annual fund, major donor, planned giving, events, and grants.
· Experience in project management and planning, managing, and executing integrated communication and development plans.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with small and large teams.
· An excellent communicator and strong writer and able to share organization vision and messaging effectively.
· Highly professional demeanor; able to represent Family Law CASA effectively in all communication and handle confidential donor and case information.
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, proficient in Salesforce and QuickBooks, and ability to generate reports and analyze donor data.
· Passion for the mission and goals of Family Law CASA
· Major gift or capital campaign experience
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced Degree or CFRD preferred
· Able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Family Law CASA offers a competitive benefits package with 10 paid holidays and a Personal Day each year, as well as 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required