Details: $15 per hour
47th and Baltimore Ave.
The West Philadelphia Cooperative School is a progressive parent-run cooperative pre-school in West Philadelphia for ages 2-5. We are seeking an experienced early childhood educator to join our community as our Aftercare Teacher.
Our curriculum is play-based and focuses on experiential learning. Teachers at our school create opportunities for child-focused and child-led discoveries in learning that support students’ social, emotional, and academic development. We ask our staff to contribute to a life-learning cooperative environment, considering and working with the needs of the community, parents, students and the other staff.
The position is Monday through Friday from 1:30pm to 5:30pm.
- demonstrated knowledge of early childhood development
- demonstrated ability to work with a staff in a collaborative environment
- strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
Desired but not required:
- Degree in early childhood education
- knowledge and/or experience of emergent curriculum approaches in early childhood education.
- experience and/or knowledge from working within or as a member of cooperatives.
- previous experience in other educational programs.
- Candidates must have or acquire current PA Child Abuse clearances, PA Criminal Background Check and FBI Fingerprinting.
- We hope to fill this position to begin in September 2018
How to apply:
$15 per hour
Some PTO per semester
Minimum Education Required