4550 Montgomery Avenue
Suite 700, North
AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing individuals and institutions involved in the fields of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies. The association is committed to improving health through the development and delivery of standards, accreditation and educational programs that focus on optimizing patient and donor care and safety. AABB membership includes physicians, nurses, scientists, researchers, administrators, medical technologists and other health care providers. AABB members are located in more than 80 countries and AABB accredits institutions in over 50 countries.
AABB is looking for an Administrative Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer & Vice President of Finance, and to General Counsel. This role will be responsible for ensuring that the administrative workflow of the CFO and General Counsel is completed in an organized and timely manner. This role will also be a member of the Association’s Administrative Support Team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
· General Responsibilities:
o Provide general support to CFO and General Counsel including but not limited to, drafting routine correspondence and memos; screening mail and telephone calls; maintaining calendars; electronic and hard copy filing; setting up committee meetings and conference calls; preparing materials and agendas; maintaining, coordinating, and implementing specific departmental activities and projects as needed.
o Process and track payment of vendor bills.
o Support supervisors in their staff liaison roles and act as staff liaison for committee(s) as requested.
· Legal Department Support:
o Draft routine cease and desist letters, contracts, and PowerPoint presentations.
o Perform and summarize internet research (e.g., intellectual property, negligence, contract/business law, state and federal laws and regulations).
o Assist with contract management.
o Prepare expense reports.
· CFO Support:
o Provide support for finance, and audit and ethics committees.
o Provide support with team meetings, quality systems documents, and accounting manual.
o Develop schedule for CFO at Annual Meeting.
o Prepare expense reports.
· Administrative Support Team:
o Provide daily backup coverage support to the Office Services Specialist in answering the door and receiving packagaes.
o Provide back-up support to the association for meeting logistics.
o Provide light back-up support to other administrative assistants.
· Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Experience: Minimum 3 years of executive level secretarial/administration experience required with a bachelor’s degree. In lieu of degree, 5+ years of relevant experience required.
· Association and/or paralegal experience desirable.
· You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You stay focused and get results.
· You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently.
· You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
· You pay attention to the details.
· You are motivated and driven. You enjoy working on teams. You want to make a difference.
GETTING THE JOB DONE
· Extensive use of computer and other office equipment.
· Working the dayshift.
· Enjoying occasional travel.
· Flexibility for work-related assignments outside of regular hours.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
We recognize and reward our most valuable asset—our team—with a generous leave and benefits package, and excellent educational and professional development opportunities.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume using this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=247a4a50-fe46-4935-bb15-93a23b4268c0&jobId=220201&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
AABB is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.
Minimum Education Required