Baltimore Corps enlists talent to accelerate social innovation in Baltimore and advance a citywide agenda for equity and racial justice. By matching talent to opportunity, Baltimore Corps works to empower the social entrepreneurs, community leaders, and public sector innovators tackling some of the city’s most pressing challenges and building a stronger Baltimore every day. Baltimore Corps is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values initiative, hard work, and a teachable nature. We are building a team that shares the company’s values, work ethic, and vision for the future.
Reporting to the Director of Accounts, the Employer Engagement Manager will support the Baltimore Corps team in connecting mission-driven organizations to leaders who represent diverse pathways and experiences in an effort to accelerate change in Baltimore’s social impact sector. The Employer Engagement Managers will generate, maintain, and consult with clients (social impact employers) for Baltimore Corps’ Fellowship program and Place for Purpose initiative.
By identifying and securing partnerships with Baltimore’s private and public agencies, the Employer Engagement Managers will enable employers to meet their staffing needs. Employer Engagement Managers will provide ongoing support and communication with employers from initial information sharing to consultation and talent matching, always with the highest quality customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DEVELOP AND STRENGTHEN EMPLOYER PARTNERSHIPS (60%)
● Recruit and select employment opportunities for Baltimore Corps Fellows and Place for Purpose candidates.
● Secure employer clients by identifying leading Baltimore employers through direct and indirect solicitation approaches that include attending networking events, following up on referrals, and conducting written and verbal outreach
● Plan and execute recruitment events and activities, such as open houses, conference presentations, and partner meetings
● Identify creative and effective approaches to recruitment and relationship building with community stakeholders and partnering organizations
● Develop relationships with current and prospective clients by understanding their needs and identifying Fellowship and Place for Purpose partnering opportunities
● Follow-up from meetings in a prompt manner, ensuring that employers have what they need for a successful relationship with Baltimore Corps
● Track progress toward defined employer recruitment goals for the Fellowship and Place for Purpose
● Assist in creation of recruitment presentations and marketing materials and manage internal and external communications
● Provide excellent customer service to employer partners throughout the employer/employee matching process and beyond
● Nurture and oversee a portfolio of employer partners throughout the Fellow placement
● Represent Baltimore Corps at networking events and conferences, and during meetings with partner organizations
LIAISE WITH TEAM (25%)
● Liaise with Accounts and Programs departments to streamline communication and minimize overlap between Visionary Cause Leader and Place for Purpose leads and clients
● Communicate employers’ needs to the Recruitment team to inform candidate recruitment and ensure coordinated and successful matching
● Collaborate closely with colleagues throughout recruitment and program cycle – including recruitment, selection, matching, placement, and alumni support
● Provide support to legal / contracts for employer / Fellow placements
● Offer feedback to Operations team when building systems related to employer application and matching
● Take learnings from external engagement back to the Baltimore Corps team to learn and adapt processes and procedures
● Collaborate with the Accounts team to understand and develop high-level strategy and goals for employer recruitment, keeping an equity and racial justice lens at forefront
● Work with Accounts Director to inform the team on client recruitment
RESEARCH AND LEARNING (10%)
● Stay abreast of industry trends in the workforce and social impact industries, and the community of Baltimore
● Assist in collecting, evaluating, and reflecting on feedback from clients regarding the effectiveness of various cultivation strategies for the Fellowship and Place for Purpose employer processes
SPECIAL PROJECTS (5%)
● Support Baltimore Corps events, as needed
● Other duties as assigned
● Alignment with the mission and core values of Baltimore Corps
● Mission-driven spirit
● Relevant experience in recruitment and / or sales
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Comfort working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
● Superior interpersonal skills and a relationship-building orientation
● Self-starter with a strong work ethic; eager to learn and engage with complex systems and processes
● Ability and desire to work with data-driven systems
● High level of detail orientation and follow through
● Salesforce experience and familiarity with Google systems are a plus
● Knowledge of Baltimore landscape is a plus
● Prior experience in partnership building and / or organizational development is a plus
The Employer Engagement Manager is a salaried position, with health and dental benefits. In addition to health and dental, Baltimore Corps is proud to offer additional benefits for our employees including, but not limited to, generous vacation time, wellness policies, volunteer opportunities, and flexible work hours. The range for this position is $50-55,000. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualification and experience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Baltimore Corps seeks to fill this position immediately, with an expectation of no later than the end of April 2018.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All instructions can be found on our website.