5201 Old York Road
Pathways to Housing PA (PTHPA) is a non-profit agency located in the Logan section of Philadelphia. The mission of PTHPA is to empower people with disabilities to improve their housing stability, increase wellness, and to reclaim their lives. Housing First – As simple as it is revolutionary!
Grace and kindness are simple words but sometimes the practice of grace and kindness is not so simple, especially when facing great personal and professional challenges. Yet, those are the words that define how we do our work, and those are words that define our employees, who never cease to amaze us or to give us hope, especially as we continue to expand our work to include others in desperate need. This expansion has created many new and exciting opportunities!
Pathways to Housing PA (PTHPA) is seeking an energetic and experienced professional to advance the fundraising, marketing, and communications needs of a $14M growing organization, with a focus on Philadelphia’s corporate and philanthropy communities and on expanding the base of major gift donors, by identifying, cultivating, stewarding, and soliciting high net worth individuals in the Philadelphia area and implementing a comprehensive communications plan that shares the story of this extraordinary organization.
Reporting to the President and CEO, and working in partnership with the Board of Directors, this position has primary responsibility for the range of institutional advancement functions to increase funding from private sources and to grow community engagement and awareness of all of PTHPA’s programs. The position requires a high performing development and communications professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, high-growth, collaborative organization. The Director of Institutional Advancement must also have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Together with agency leadership, create and implement comprehensive fundraising and communications strategies that build upon PTHPA’s goals and successes
· Supervise, mentor and manage the Development Manager, Manager of Marketing and Communications, contracted event planner, and department interns
· Partner with PTHPA’s staff and Board to fully understand our programs and to foster collaborative relationships to best position these for fundraising activities and support
· Set the vision and strategy to realize and exceed the annual development goals through individual gifts, foundation, corporation, and government grants, and events.
· Lead and manage all major gift fundraising; cultivate and steward donors, providing an exceptional donor and board member experience that enhances giving, attracts new supporters to PTHPA’s mission, and regularly engages donors in PTHPA’s work and growth
· Drive the identification of new mid-level and major gift donors (individual, corporate and foundation) as well as build strong relationships to bring them on board as regular, new funders to PTHPA
· Develop and monitor grants calendar to ensure that deadlines are met; Research appropriate grant opportunities; Prepare letters of inquiry, grant proposals and other funding requests. Write stewardship reports and ensure funders’ requirements are met
· Organize and oversee all fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events for donors, prospects and partners, including the annual Chair Affair and Generosity 5K
· Report to the Board of Directors quarterly on progress toward annual fundraising goals; Serve as staff liaison to the board Development Committee
· Manage CRM database, data entry, and list management to leverage opportunity to align constituent interest with program and development priorities
· Stay abreast of trends and best practices in database management, corporate and foundation relations and other related topics to help strategically position efforts and activities.
· Develop a culture of philanthropy through the mentorship and training of staff, volunteers and Board of Directors
· Develop and implement communications strategies that seamlessly integrate development, marketing and program messaging to increase PTHPA’s visibility to external audiences, reach new and diverse audiences; grow PTHPA’s effectiveness and influence; and enhance understanding of and financial support for the organization's work
· Oversee development of written communications, marketing materials and electronic marketing across multiple platforms such as the web, social media, print and digital publications, and other public relations and marketing vehicles
· Monitor marketing trends and content relevant to PTHPA's mission, and translate information into compelling, actionable and effective strategies
Work with staff across the organization to integrate communications, branding and programs into fundraising strategies and activities, as appropriate
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
· At least 5 years of fundraising experience with a portfolio of success grant applications
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 2+ years of supervisory experience a plus
· Must embrace the mission of PTHPA and have a passion about ending homelessness
· Strong interpersonal and writing skills
· Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly donor relations, grant writing and event planning and marketing
· Good understanding of the Philadelphia area as well as regional and national markets
· Possess the leadership skills to work with and motivate staff, Board members and volunteers
· Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships
· Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
· Be organized, detail-oriented, and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals
· Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability
· Strong technical, computer and software skills; Experience with Salesforce (or a similar database) is a plus
· Good organizational skills
Manager of Communications and Marketing, Development Manager, contracted event planner, interns
PTHPA offers very generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, a 3% non-matching employer contribution to 401(k), and many others!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required