- Plan and execute the Row New York’s annual giving and major gifts programs to meet fundraising goals.
- Maintain a portfolio of 100-150 donors and prospects by developing and implementing strategies for establishing and strengthening these relationships;
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Chief Development Officer, create relationship management teams for major donors that leverage key staff, board members and partners;
- Solicit and close gifts with a focus on upgrading current mid-level donors who have the capacity to make annual gifts of $5,000+;
- Identify new prospects, develop giving profiles and strategies for engagement.
- Ensure senior staff are supported in their donor relations work, providing reminders, materials, and draft communications, as well as assisting with briefings, appointment scheduling and call reports;
- Help produce cultivation and stewardship events for prospects and donors at the mid- and major levels, including our annual Fall Benefit;
- Design and implement a cultivation plan to keep donors and prospects interested and engaged.
- Actively manage existing donor pipelines and moves management processes.
- Manage individual prospect research and execute systems to prioritize the identification and cultivation of prospects.
- Ensure all transactions related to the annual giving are accurately documented and tracked in Salesforce.
- Collaborate with appropriate development staff to prepare for donor meetings, including developing meeting briefings and presentations, ensuring organizational leadership involved in pitch are prepared.
- Collaborate on the strategy of grassroots fundraising/direct mail and online solicitation projects as well as other digital marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Chief Development Officer on capital campaign.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least four to seven years of nonprofit fundraising experience, and, ideally, at least three years working with individual donors;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Seasoned and strategic knowledge of donor/database management; proficiency in Salesforce desirable.
- Superb time management; ability to handle multiple tasks, adhere to deadlines and work well under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- Creative, resourceful with problem-solving mentality.
- Passion for the Row New York’s mission and a desire to contribute to an organization that provides opportunities .
- Experience running fundraising and cultivation events for donors and prospects;
- Grace, professionalism, excellent judgment, discretion, and a sense of humor — comfortable working with various senior leaders, community, and business leaders
- Ability to understand the motivations of others, inspire and compel others to action, and quickly build authentic and deep relationships.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.