555 Long Wharf Drive
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually – all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is currently seeking a highly motivated uniquely qualified individual to become a member of a team that produces a minimum of five annual fundraising events throughout the Northeast. The Development Assistant, Special Events plays an integral role in executing special events to achieve annual fundraising goals, serving as the primary administrative lead on all events. The Development Assistant, Special Events provides logistical and frontline support for all events and is responsible for the stewardship of event donors from the invitation phase through post-event follow-up, focusing on building and strengthening philanthropic relationships.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Updates annual event solicitation offerings including sponsorship, ticket, and donation levels. Determines and updates sponsorship/ticket fair market values for all events.
- Pulls pre-sale and invitation mailing lists through Raiser’s Edge. Prepares and manages pre-sale and invitation mailings and codes all mailings in Raiser’s Edge.
- Serves as primary donor contact for event invitation responses and inquiries (including sponsorships, tickets, advertisements and donations) and tracks and manages invitation responses and financials in master excel grids.
- Runs reports to support donor retention (including LYBUNT and SYBUNT) for all events.
- Coordinates presence of special events on Camp’s website, providing pre-event promotion and on-line ticketing text, producing post-event photos selects for slideshows and writing event recaps.
- Attends event committee and vendor meetings as needed.
- Coordinates mailing of event tickets and drafting and dissemination of benefit detail letters to all event attendees.
- Attends all events, supporting the primary event lead (Director or Associate Director) with set-up, execution and breakdown of all events. May act as a secondary location lead for multi-site events.
- Identifies outstanding event pledges, prepares and sends invoices as appropriate, tracks outstanding pledges and manages follow-up.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Experience in event management and nonprofit fundraising preferred. Experience with Raiser’s Edge software preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Most working hours will be spent in a typical office environment. Must be able to operate computer for most of workday with appropriate rest periods.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed in office and at event venues.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record which meets HITWG insurance carrier requirements. Ability to travel to assigned worksites. Ability to drive event supply transport vehicles including but not limited to cargo and passenger vans and 10-15 foot box trucks in suburban and city environments.
- Ability to lift and carry up to thirty pounds is helpful but not essential.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and growth opportunities for high contributors. Please send your resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of resumes received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, and is committed to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion.