60 Lincoln Center Plaza
- Manage installed Windows, Linux and UNIX servers both onsite and offsite
- Monitor and tune the servers for optimum performance
- Ensure an appropriate level of security for all servers and the information stored on them
- Manage ongoing vulnerability assessments and take appropriate remedial steps in response to periodic vulnerability scans
- Manage key aspects of Juilliard’s web hosting infrastructure (both in-house and Microsoft Azure)
- Manage a Solaris data storage area network
- Manage the server backup and restore environment
- Manage the Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware solution suite
- Manage Juilliard I.T.’s digital certificate (SSL) resources
- Complete server management tasks to ensure optimal operation of Juilliard servers and the services they host
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation of tasks associated with the ongoing operation of the servers
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of IT Engineering
- Support the work of the web development team, providing full LAMP stack support and other web server technology support
- Assist in managing installed web and application servers including the Drupal CMS instances.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree,
- At least three years of relevant hands-on technical experience.
- Familiarity with enterprise security issues and best practices, systems design, architecture and systems integration.
- Any knowledge of Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Strong working experience with server hardware and server operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of Windows and Linux hardware/software issues.
- Expert knowledge of the Linux OS and managing Linux servers.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory and Windows domain management.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking and associated security protocols.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining diverse server hardware and associated equipment.
- Strong working experience with VMware virtual server environments and storage area networks (SANs).
- Strong working experience with MS SQL & MySQL database requirements for high availability, multi-function environments.
- Some knowledge of the LAMP stack and associated web server technologies.
- Some knowledge of web hosting technologies including AWS (Amazon Web Services), Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to document processes and procedures.
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to interact with various members of the School community to easily and tactfully communicate technical ideas to non-technical end-users.
- The ability to self-manage multiple assigned projects or tasks in a deadline-driven environment, and
- A positive, self-assured team player.
- Prior experience at educational institutions is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Juilliard School has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the School's administration.