The Web and Graphic Design Manager will oversee and deliver effective and compelling design solutions through quality websites, logos, and marketing and communication materials for Monterey bay area businesses. The Web and Graphic Design Manager will create the information, architecture and sitemap to organize the content, wireframe and mockup of the graphics and/or website to ensure the client is satisfied with the final design. They will also design and track the technical and professional skill development of the Web and Graphic Design Specialists and Interns.
- Ensure client satisfaction with web and graphic design services
- Deliver high quality products on timely manner and within budget
- Work with the bizzNEST Client Specialist and the bizzNEST Web and Graphic Design Specialists to assess client needs, recommend services and review contracts
- Anticipate and respond to needs and requests from clients
bizzNEST Intern Development
- Structure the advancement process for Web and Graphic Design Interns along with the bizzNEST Senior Manager
- Design and implement supplemental Web and Graphic Design Intern training to meet the needs of the bizzNEST program and its clients
- Evaluate the workflow model with Web and Graphic Design Interns and Specialists every 6 months and execute on identified improvements
- Supervise and ensure that Web and Graphic Design Interns keep their work progress updated and that they use all the tools properly including but not limited to the project management tool and all communication tools.
- Conduct one-on-one check-ins with Web and Graphic Design Interns and ensure that they are using their time for learning new skills or working on client work
- Identify entry-level positions for local and regional career-track jobs that are good for interns.
Graphic and Web Design Team Support
- Manage daily operations on web and graphic design projects
- Define and set goals for the web and graphic design projects and team
- Structure a yearly budget for the web and graphic design team
- In close collaboration with Program Managers develop a bizzNEST internship eligibility knowledge and skills profile, a bizzNEST Lead Intern profile for the web and graphic design, and feedback loops with programs to relay new skills, technologies, and services that are being requested by clients.
- Reach and maintain revenue goals as set by the Senior Manager
- Manage the web and graphic design projects on the project management tool ensuring all projects are on schedule
- Keep current on new digital media hardware and software; acquire additional and new digital media tools
- Identify best web and graphic design practices and evolve daily operations as necessary
- Supervise bizzNEST Specialists working within the Web and Graphic Design service package, including training, monitoring and reviewing performance and other duties typical of the supervision of professional employees.
- Co-create the team’s project strategy in collaboration with the Specialists
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Communications, or Marketing, or equivalent education
- At least 4 years of graphic design and web design experience
- At least 2 years of client-facing experience
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Demonstrate skills and experience with graphic design in Adobe Suite
- At least 2 years of experience formally supervising professionals or interns
- Proven experience mentoring and coaching young professionals to improve their work performance, increase their qualifications and expertise and help them advance their careers
- Demonstrated ability to connect positively with youth; a positive, energetic and authentic presence
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Passion for the mission of Digital NEST and belief in upholding organization’s core values.
- Ability to communicate in a highly effective and proactive manner in professional collaborations
- Demonstrated independence, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
- Sensitive to issues of culture/ethnicity/race, gender, sexual identity, class/SES and immigration status
- Ability to be an ally to people of color, women and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer, questioning and intersex individuals and their allies (LGBTQIA).
- Candidates must have a valid CA driver's license, pass a background check, and be able to travel and work evenings or weekends occasionally, or as needed.
- Maintain dexterity and coordination, sufficient to perform essential functions
- Ability to perform administrative and computer-based tasks for up to 4.5 hours at a time
- Ability to be mobile (including, but not limited to walking, bending, squatting, crouching, twisting, kneeling, reaching, etc.)
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 35 pounds as needed
Digital NEST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.