30 Courthouse Square
DC-Maryland Justice for Our Neighbors (DC-MD JFON), a non-profit organization, is part of the National Justice for Our Neighbors network of legal clinics consisting of 19 locally funded and managed sites throughout the United States, operating almost 50 immigration legal clinics, which are staffed by over 30 immigration attorneys and hundreds of volunteers. DC-MD JFON holds immigration legal clinics at three locations, including Baltimore and Gaithersburg in Maryland; and Washington, DC. We provide low-income individuals and families with free, high quality immigration legal services, advocacy, and education. Education is provided to receiving communities to better equip them to partner with immigrants in response to changes in immigration policy and practice.
DC-MD JFON seeks highly qualified candidates for a part-time Executive Director position, located in Rockville, MD. The position is part-time, 20-25 hrs. per week. The Executive Director will work in collaboration with the Board of Directors and Staff to perform the daily administrative operations of the organization, assist with the implementation of the strategic plan and goals, create and implement a fund raising plan, and build relationships with churches, government entities and community organizations and the National JFON office.
· Oversee the non-legal operations of the organization and provide leadership in the day to day affairs of the organization.
· Communicate the work of DC-MD JFON among the stakeholders of the organization
· Work with the board to establish and implement a fundraising plan for the organization
· Act as the primary spokesperson of the organization in the community
· Establish relationships and build partnerships with faith communities, community service organizations, government entities and immigrant communities
· Recruit and coordinate volunteers to assist with communications, fund raising and advocacy
· In partnership with the Attorney and Board of Directors, strategize and offer leadership for strengthening and expanding the ministry of DC-MD JFON.
· Participate in the National JFON Executive Director team calls and coaching process
· team player with the ability to work with a small staff
· strong written and verbal communication skills
· administrative abilities to lead the daily operations of securing vendor contracts and management, liaison with landlord, securing necessary equipment and supplies, etc.
· experience and knowledge of fundraising through building a donor base and submitting grants
· working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and financial software.
· knowledge of and passion for immigration issues and serving immigrant communities
· immigration legal experience is not required, but would be an asset
· willingness and flexibility to work weekends, as needed
· proven experience working with a non-profit board
The Executive Director should have a strong commitment to public interest law and to the enfranchisement and empowerment of immigrant communities. DC-MD JFON is not just a legal services program, but a faith-based ministry of service involving many diverse individuals, cultures, and faiths who come together through The United Methodist Church* to welcome immigrants to our community. As such, the Executive Director must have an ability to work sensitively with numerous volunteers and clients having diverse personalities, lifestyles, cultures, political orientations, and faiths.
*Although we are a ministry of The United Methodist Church, we hire and provide services to individuals of any or no faith affiliation. DC-MD JFON is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. DC-MD JFON does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Simple IRA with a 21/2-3% match
Minimum Education Required