1325 G Street, NW
Advocates for Youth partners with youth leaders, adult allies, and youth-serving organizations to advocate for policies and champion programs that recognize young people’s rights to: honest sexual health information; accessible, confidential and affordable sexual health services; and the resources and opportunities necessary to create sexual health equity for all youth.
The Digital Content Coordinator will support the Communications Department by writing content for young people, youth serving professionals, parents, and policy makers; ensuring that content across all channels is timely and accurate; and maintaining social media channels and crafting a strategy to increase digital reach. The Digital Content Coordinator will maintain the organizational website using a WordPress CMS and will send organizational emails using an email marketing platform.
GENERAL PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
Advocates for Youth’s Communications department ensures that the work of youth activists and staff is represented in the media and in the conversation online. The Communications Department works to realize the organizational vision through cultural change initiatives. Communications maintains the organization’s websites, creates graphics and video, extends the reach of social media through strategic content creation, and creates informational materials for Advocates’ audiences.
- Create, manage, and post timely content for Advocates’ digital channels, including website and all social media properties.
- Draft materials for a wide variety of audiences, including young people, youth serving professionals, parents, and policy makers.
- Create and send organizational emails using a CMS and templates
- Work closely with the Communications Team to build and execute an effective content strategy that increases views and engagement.
- Develop and manage internal relationships with other Advocates teams who provide content, and help maintain high content standards.
- Work with in-house and external designers to prepare graphics and documents for web and social media use.
- Analyze metrics and performance data and use results to inform future content development.
- Manage own time, prioritizing tasks in a fast paced, changing environment and ensure that content is produced efficiently and on time to meet a pre-agreed schedule.
- Develop and implement SEO strategy to increase visibility and impact of content
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Strong writing skills; demonstrated ability to write for variety of audiences
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS
- Strong problem solving abilities and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing social media properties including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube (2 years minimum)
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for digital communications
- Familiarity with ActionNetwork or other email platform
- Experience with graphic design and video editing a plus.
- Attention to detail and time management skills a must.
LGBTQ people and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE.
SALARY RANGE: $40,000-50,000. This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week in Washington DC office, and includes health/dental benefits, life and disability insurance, a retirement plan with an employer contribution, and paid sick leave and vacation.
Interested applicants should fill out this form: https://advocatesforyouth.wufoo.com/forms/qe8698t1yjh2dk/ No phone calls, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week in Washington DC office, and includes health/dental benefits, life and disability insurance, a retirement plan with an employer contribution, and paid sick leave and vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at the link above - no emails or phone calls.