Details: active teaching and lesson planning per day
St. Nicks Alliance's elementary after school programs include Literacy, STEM, Social-Emotional Learning, Arts, Movement, homework start, and weekly clubs based on children's interests and strengths. Middle School programs also include leadership and project-based clubs that respond to the unique developmental needs and interests of middle school aged youth. For example, clubs can include Music (vocal, song-writing, production, instruments, etc.); Dance (hip-hop, ballroom, ballet, Latin, etc.); Art (visual, sculpture, crafts, photography, etc.); Hands-on (cooking, science experiments, environmental, etc.); Communications-based (journalism, creative writing, debate, etc.); and sports (team, individual, etc.) We are especially looking for staff with talents to share and experience teaching them to youth!
The Yoga Instructor will be responsible for designing and delivering curricula for yoga enrichment activities while ensuring the safety and engagement of youth. The position requires a passionate, creative, energetic, team-building leader committed to providing the highest quality of programming for youth.
We are looking for a dance instructor to teach middle school and elementary school.
- Design and deliver curricula for dance enrichment activities.
- Lead engaging and age-appropriate lessons
- Submit lesson plans prior to each class to Arts Education Manager and Program Directors
- Serve as a positive role model for participants by demonstrating professional language and behavior
- Develop positive, caring relationships with young people and their families
- Utilize youth development principles to enhance program quality and support growth in young people
- Collaborate with co-workers and program supervisors around effective program operations; uphold all safety standards and procedures
- Actively participate in training and professional development to continuously improve on quality
- Must hold or be pursuing a degree.
- At least one year experience working with children and young teens in afterschool settings HIGHLY preferred
- A sound understanding of English including reading, writing and speaking; bilingual abilities a plus
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- A genuine enthusiasm for developing professional skills through training opportunities, observation, coaching, and feedback
- After School Availability between 2pm-6pm, approximately 15-20 hours a week; Monday- Friday; some holidays and holiday weeks
- Comply with School Age Child Care (SACC) requirements; including background check and medical clearances.
- Must be empathetic, patient, understanding, and a good listener
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm!
sick time after 90 days
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required